50 lb Catfish Quest, TN river

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by puddle jumper, Feb 11, 2009.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    My resolution this year was to put a 50lb Cat in the boat, My PB so far is 35lb" so today I worked on that.
    with battle plan in hand, and doing my homework on the maps and satalite views of lower nick, I headed to the chick dam for some live brim for bait.

There was a great sunrise and my hopes were high after three hrs and only two fish in the boat a "slab brim and a small yellow bass" I was a little woried that today might be a tough one,,

Pulled the boat out and headed for the Nick, Launched out of mairion park down there and with my live brim, chicken , and some skippys my buddy Spur gave me my last trip figured I had them covered, I hit the first spot and right off the batt started marking a lot of big fish on the bottom "this is going to be good"

So I idled through the whole whole area marking bait fish and these monsters below them, the whole area looked good so I picked a spot and set up on them, after a 1 1/2 hrs of no bites, Not to be discuraged I moved up and set up again about 100yrds down river, 5 min after getting everything set and my first pole loded up here we go, ended up with a nice 10lber, ten min. later the wind started to blow, and it was down hill from there, I did take the opertunity to ride to several more areas which a couple looked real promising as well,

Wind and Lock Jaw was the main report for today fished below the dam from 7-10 and on the nick from 1030-5 , water was 64 where I was .and I dont know if its always like this but there where big logs floating everywhere I went,
    Great day on the water and found some promising places to fish, found what I hope to be some great brim beads in the spring, and a couple of good areas to troll for crappie a little later on this year, :wink:
    Puddle

Attached Files:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good luck in the quest for the 50 pounder!

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    John I hope you get your 50 lber this year. Last year I was on a quest for a 30 lber. Ended up with an 81 lber. The one in my avitar. Hope you beat your quest like I did mine by smashing it. Good luck brother.

Tom

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    John,
    From what I've seen you have some prime water down there. It shouldn't be long until you are posting pictures of that 50lb fish...W

5. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Best of everything wished for your quest from Kansas City.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck on the 50#.. I too hope to get a 50# this year... But I will take a 10# blue any day over no fish at all!!:smile2::smile2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John the best of luck on your 50# quest. It could happen any day so don't leave the camera at home.:wink:

8. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Thanks Mickey,
    I try not to :embarassed: but the mind is getting weak..:wink:
    Puddle

9. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    best of luck bro on your quest. i know you will be redoing your res pretty soon to 75# :wink:

10. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good luck in your quest Puddle, I hope it ends soon......, but then the quest for 60 starts, then 70, and it never ends.....:wink::big_smile:.

11. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    hope you get your 50 soon, they are certainly up there.

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Another great report John. Thanks!

13. SHE-CAT

SHE-CAT New Member

State:
    Dallas, Georgia
    Good report Puddle. The wind sucks sometimes.