50 HP Mercury

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by CatHunter24, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    1986 50 HP Mercury, I believe it is a short shaft. Motor has tilt and trim, and comes with all controls. Has had the Carbs rebuilt, new water pump impeller, and a new fuel pump. Motor was not running when we took it off the boat, needs the carbs adjusted. Has great compression and spark. I just upgraded to a bigger motor so did not bother fiddling with it. Asking 700.00 for the motor and would prefer local pick-up near Dayton, Ohio. PM me with any questions and inquiries.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    that is a good motor i have a 82 on my boat still runs strong. knock on wood!! wish i had the power trim though.

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Dang! just what I need too. Too bad your not closer! And I had the cash in hand - But will be going to a boat show tomorrow.

4. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wish you were too bud, would like to see someone with some know how get her going on a good boat. Too solid of a motor, especially for its age to be sitting on a stand. Got a guy who e-mailed me today about it off of craigslist. But its still for sale as of now.

5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Willing to sell this motor for 600, would like to free up some space if possible in the garage.

6. HillBillyFiveO

HillBillyFiveO New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Is it absolutely a short shaft? I'm lookin but I need a long shaft motor.

Floyd T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.