50 hp Merc

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Skunk Master, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I need a wiring schematic so I can rewire a Merc. M-500 s/n 5110927.. Some of the wiring is missing and some has been cut.. Also need schematic for ignition switch and choke to motor.. Its my new project boat.. I would like to buy a book on the motor too if I could find one.. Thanks in advance.. Also title say 1979 motor sticker says 1978 if that'll help..

2. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    harold I'm sure some one can help.But if not soon enough try the public liberary.I have found some interesting books for advice there.It could save a lot of time .Also Buba cat has been very helpful to alot of people.
    "thanks Buba cat"

3. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
  4. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    you can get the manuals from Iboats.com they are the cheapest that i could find.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Good info Lonnie. That should get him fixed right up.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jason the only bad thing about ordering from iboats is they are a broker and if you get the wrong book sent to you then you are stuck with it, I know I have two here that came from them and neither one is the right one I had ordered and they told me sorry about that s---:wink:

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Which is the better manual of the 2 Seloc or the other one.. I ordered a Seloc today, but will order the other one too if both will help.. I'm used to using Chilton and Mitchell manuals for cars and trucks..

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I prefer the seloc myself

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Thanks for your help willard.. I ordered it 2nd day so it will be here when I get back off the road next weekend.. Now all I gotta do is replace the floor and then start wiring..