Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stocked the pond this weekend. Filled it with 50 channels and a few bass, crappie, and bluegill. It already had a bunch of green sunfish swimming around in it.

Here's some pics of the cats in a bag! They're kinda hard to see because they were double bagged. So far they seem to be doing pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody. I'd guess the pond to be about 1/4 acre, probably 8-10 ft deep. I plan to measure it, one of these days:laugh:. I do plan to feed them. I picked up a 50# bag of floating fish chow at the farm and ranch supply. They seem to like it and it was actually cheaper than dog or cat food. I'll have to look in to the cattle feed. I think they'll be easy enough to take care of. I've never had a pond before but I know all grandpa ever did was put catfish in his pond and feed them. I don't know how the others will do. I'm afraid the cats will eat them. 20 of the 50 cats were in the 8-12 inch range. I wanted to be sure to have some big enough they couldn't be eaten by the big greenies and snakes. I wanted to have some big enough to eat next year too, or maybe even late this year. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.