Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of striper fishermen put out some jugs on Lake Norman Friday night and found that they had a big catfish on one of their jugs in the AM. Chased it for close to one hour before they netted it and got it into the boat. They had approx. 50 jugs out and caught twenty some cats. Please to tell you that they released the 50 pounder and kept the small ones to eat.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I wish all juggers would do that. Them boys can jug anytime as long as they do it that way. and as long as they get all them jugs back up. That's a good 'un!

·
Super Moderator
25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried several times to upload the photo of the 50 pound blue caught on a jug. The guys that caught it sent the photo to a friend of mine and he in turn sent it to me. They said that it was 45 inches in length and by the photo it appears to be everything they said.

Neat thing is that they told my friend to tell me that they released it. So, it looks like our message is getting out, even to people I don't know. Also, my friend told me where they caught it, guess I will have to keep that little secert to myself.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
50 lbs by hand. now that sounds like fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.