50#+ Ark. Blue caught on a jug

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    A couple of striper fishermen put out some jugs on Lake Norman Friday night and found that they had a big catfish on one of their jugs in the AM. Chased it for close to one hour before they netted it and got it into the boat. They had approx. 50 jugs out and caught twenty some cats. Please to tell you that they released the 50 pounder and kept the small ones to eat.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for the report Mac!

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I wish all juggers would do that. Them boys can jug anytime as long as they do it that way. and as long as they get all them jugs back up. That's a good 'un!

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I never have jug fished much, but the chase must have been fun.

5. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    I'll bet it was caught 5' or less from the surface. Needed one like that sat. dang it :smile2:.

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    I have tried several times to upload the photo of the 50 pound blue caught on a jug. The guys that caught it sent the photo to a friend of mine and he in turn sent it to me. They said that it was 45 inches in length and by the photo it appears to be everything they said.

Neat thing is that they told my friend to tell me that they released it. So, it looks like our message is getting out, even to people I don't know. Also, my friend told me where they caught it, guess I will have to keep that little secert to myself.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    50 lbs by hand. now that sounds like fun.

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    WylieCat helped me get the photo open. Thanks Bro.

This is the cat that the guys released