$50 academy gift card!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Dec 25, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think this might be my best xmas gift. I need the tackle badly and this card will fill my tacklebox! I'm goin out as soon as possible and I might spend half the card on one trip. I got a 50-pk of eagle claw lazer sharp kahles and two 10-pks of crappie jigs (when I try to catch some skipjack.) for xmas also. Now it's time to fill the tacklebox...who else got something like this??

hope everyone had an awesome holiday, and have a great new year

tight lines to all....

catman

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thats what I got Jon A Academy card Will go next week and get my stuff haven`t made my mind up what to getyet:feel_good:

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Didn't get the gift card, but most of my presents came from Academy. May take back the Columbia fishing shirt and get a rod or a reel, but if I get the reel, I have to buy the rod. I'm already one short for the second Penn 209 I bought off eBay. Also got a digital fish scale so can weigh all those two pounders.

4. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I got a couple of gift cards too. They are those debit card kind and i will most prolly use them at Academy or BPS. aint figured out what i want yet.

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    today I just went and spent $20 of the card and got stocked up on a lot of stuff. Since I mainly fish a smaller river, more like a creek, I don't need a whole lot of tackle. I got a new tackle case and it is almost filled. Also as a late xmas gift my grandad got me a med-heavy shakespear ugly stik rod and reel. that one cost $35 and it is totally awesome.

heres what I got so far. it is mainly for catfish and bass but I have what I need to catch some gar next spring. I also got one of those 12/0 trebles for 96 cents (maybe I will use it for snagging or something). I got 17lb test for my new rod & reel. check it out

tacklebox.jpg

happy new year y'all

6. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    great gifts you got, i came out with 200 in cash, im down to 140 im going to gander mountain some time this week