5 year old vs. 8 pound blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Trophy Hunter, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was fishing with my 5 year old a couple of weeks ago. He had just checked his bait, and decided to drop it down next to the boat. I suggested he let me cast it out for him so I could get it on the edge of the dropoff we were fishing. He assured me that it would be fine for him to drop it next to the boat. I shrugged it off and let him do his thing. 5 minutes later his medium weight 6' bass rod was doubled over and he was in for a fight. I have caught a decent number of 20+ pounders but to watch my boy who weighs 45lbs have it out with this 8lb blue was such a thrill for me! He tells everyone that will listen about it. He's hooked!

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is great, thanks for sharing!

3. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    nothing better to see a young smiling boy. holding a lil monster cat like that. so trophy if the truth be known he out fished you didnt he...

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I wonder who's chest swells up with more pride? lol Thats a nice fish I bet your son will never let you fish alone agian now that he's hooked. congrats on the fish.

5. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    He did out fish me that day. He didn't rub it in with me as much as he did with his 8 year old brother.:big_smile:

6. ohiohawghunter45067

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    oh i bet you had a good lil brother fight going on at your house.

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Now that is awesome!! I have a new grandson and I'm dreaming of those days to come.

8. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Mark;
    That IS Good news!:smile2: There is no need asking who's chest swelled more, I can tell ya who; Dad's!
    I looked at the photos, ... I think the fishes belly is bigger than the little lad's that caught it!! Goodness, the fish is almost bigger than that little fella!:lol:
    I'd like to make a suggestion. Since this is his FIRST "Trophy" I would encourage you to have at least an 8"x10" enlargement made and put in a frame so that it can be displayed on the family coffee table or such location or, put on the family photo wall for all to see! You should also put in an index card behind the photo telling the date, name of the boat, names of all who was on that trip, where the fish was caught, weight of the fish, and,of course, the full name and age of the fisherman that caught that fish! :big_smile:
    This way, in the years to come, when older memories get foggy and young ones have not fully developed, you will have a record to jog those memories.
    You might also consider a " Family Fishing or Family CATFISHING Album" with the photographs of "record/personal best of the year/ect" enclosed and again with the same data enclosed with the photos as I mentioned above.
    I promise you, 10, 20, 30years+ down the road of life, that album will be worth more than it's weight in not just gold, but platinum!!
    If you have not thought of these ideas already then I hope they help and I encourage you to use them to the best of your abilities.
    Trust me on this one because I am speaking and advising you from personal experience.:smile2:
    I sincerely hope we get to see more "Trophy" photographs soon. For all we know, we might be looking at a future A.C.A.T.S. Champs start. World Champions have been started with much less!!
    For Now; Prayers and Best Wishes To YOU and YOURS,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

9. ohiohawghunter45067

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    a scrapbook is neat to have, i myself keep pics myself. it will always make you smile.

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Great fish, Congrats to the little man that caught it.

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    A memory that will last the rest of his life Mark, When your son grows up someday I'm sure he will remember the times fishing with his Dad. Oh I did a little math, That 6 pound blue to your son is like a 36lb blue to a grown up!

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    BIG "ATTABOY" to the little guy! Thanx for sharein.

13. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Now that's a nice catch !!!
    The only way to have future catfisherman is getting the kiddos out fishing for them so they can enjoy catching those bigguns too.
    I always say take your kids fishing and they will pass it on to their kids and we will always have some good stories to tell on the BOC.

Congrat little buddy on that nice CAT. :cool2: :smile2:

14. ohiohawghunter45067

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    man i can get over that lil fellars smile, hes from ear to ear. and the fact that hes got him lipped like a pro.

15. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Awesome!!! I need to get some tips from your boy!!!

Aaron

TA2D

16. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    cheers to the lil guy! He will never forget that day.

17. ohiohawghunter45067

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i got a better idea lets just take him fishing and when he hooks one we will tickle him and take his pole.

18. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats to the both of you!!! The look on the young mans face tells it all!!

19. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We have a bragging wall in the stairwell going into the basement. It is three 8 x 10's. One for the 8 year old, one for the 5 year old and one for me. We hang our personal best in the front. I have been blessed with three sons so I guess when the little fella (1yr) gets bigger I will have to add another! Hopefully, when I am a grandfather or when I am dead and gone my children will have a solid memory of the time spent with their Dad.

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Ok Mark - You know that it's offical now - the little man looks good with that fish & he know how to pose for a photo with his catch - Yea - He's a B.O.C. member for sure.

Congratulations on the catch "Little Man"! :006:

Take it easy Mark,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010: