5 this year

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Dec 16, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    not to bad for me. no bucks but i really am after the meat rather than bones. got 4 between me and kid this season and a doe that was hit on the road to work. she wasnt there at 6 am and was there at 9 so she was good and fresh. ive got a ton of meat and summer sausage and snack sticks and brats made up.

2 of the 4 i shot was the biggest does i ever seem and even my buddies. there were close to 200 on the hoof. ones nostril to eye measurment was only 10 mm smaller than a 150" buck that i mounted 2 years ago. they were huge and it took 2 of us to drag them out.

when i get some time i did a pic article on deboning a deer for the library. ill have to get with whistler and get it posted. pretty cool.

filleting it really. all done with a boning knife. no saws ect.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    congrats on a good deer season brother

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on fillin the freezer,Too bad we can only get one buck here in N M.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on the deer Jerm, look forward to some of those good recipe pics to pop up once in a while

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Congrats on getting the deer Jeremy! I have deboned a deer without using a saw. Its was pretty sweet doing it that way. It took a little more time but a lot less mess in the house.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice report.....man there is some monsters runnin round ya ought to see some of these city does (LOL) WAY TO GO!:big_smile:

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sweet, Jerm! That's alot of good eatin'. I got two, and my freezer is stuffed full. Can't wit to see your article. I never thought of doing that. I have a video of me filed dressing one, but I doubt I post it. How long does it take you to butcher one. I timed the second one that I did Sunday, and it took 54 minutes. I told jga that I could do one in 45 minutes, and he didn't believe me. I didn't make it in 45, but I still think I could. I just don't get in too big a hurry when I have a sharp knife in my hand. :big_smile:

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats ! Nothing like reducing the grocery bill with some venison !

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Way to go Jerm....You brought home the meat! This back surgery has kept me out of commission for the last 8 weeks and I havent been able to fill the freezer with any deer yet. I may have to look into the new " Extended season" this year:eek:oooh: At least now I am up and moving around pretty good and have made one fishing trip with Griz and the gang last week. :big_smile: Lookin forward to some of those recipes as well!!!!:big_smile:

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good for you. For folks that don't get a deer, some places a person can register with the local or county law enforcement and get put on a list and called when there is fresh roadkill. Usually has some meat damage, but it is free and one can always throw away the bad stuff.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the deer harvest this year Jeremy. Does need to be harvested too. Lord knows we have plenty of them around here too! Good job!!!:big_smile:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i fillet them just like a fish "with legs" lol. i can do one standard cut "steaks chops roasts and removing grinding meat from hide to freezor in two hrs. then another 30-40 grinding. heres a sneak peak.

first pic is one side almost removed and second is whole 1/2 deer deboned and third is the 1/2 cut.:cool2:

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats on a great season. I have never seen a deer cut up that way, I will give it a try

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    after i quarter a deer or pig with my skinning knife, the only thing that touches it is a 6" rapala fish n' fillet knife. every year i see folks with hatchets and saws, when all you need is a sharp knife to take em apart. good job on getting all that meat jeremy! sounds like yall are set now.