5 this year

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Dec 16, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    not to bad for me. no bucks but i really am after the meat rather than bones. got 4 between me and kid this season and a doe that was hit on the road to work. she wasnt there at 6 am and was there at 9 so she was good and fresh. ive got a ton of meat and summer sausage and snack sticks and brats made up.

2 of the 4 i shot was the biggest does i ever seem and even my buddies. there were close to 200 on the hoof. ones nostril to eye measurment was only 10 mm smaller than a 150" buck that i mounted 2 years ago. they were huge and it took 2 of us to drag them out.

when i get some time i did a pic article on deboning a deer for the library. ill have to get with whistler and get it posted. pretty cool.

filleting it really. all done with a boning knife. no saws ect.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    congrats on a good deer season brother

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on fillin the freezer,Too bad we can only get one buck here in N M.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on the deer Jerm, look forward to some of those good recipe pics to pop up once in a while

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Congrats on getting the deer Jeremy! I have deboned a deer without using a saw. Its was pretty sweet doing it that way. It took a little more time but a lot less mess in the house.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice report.....man there is some monsters runnin round ya ought to see some of these city does (LOL) WAY TO GO!:big_smile:

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sweet, Jerm! That's alot of good eatin'. I got two, and my freezer is stuffed full. Can't wit to see your article. I never thought of doing that. I have a video of me filed dressing one, but I doubt I post it. How long does it take you to butcher one. I timed the second one that I did Sunday, and it took 54 minutes. I told jga that I could do one in 45 minutes, and he didn't believe me. I didn't make it in 45, but I still think I could. I just don't get in too big a hurry when I have a sharp knife in my hand. :big_smile:

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats ! Nothing like reducing the grocery bill with some venison !

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Way to go Jerm....You brought home the meat! This back surgery has kept me out of commission for the last 8 weeks and I havent been able to fill the freezer with any deer yet. I may have to look into the new " Extended season" this year:eek:oooh: At least now I am up and moving around pretty good and have made one fishing trip with Griz and the gang last week. :big_smile: Lookin forward to some of those recipes as well!!!!:big_smile:

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good for you. For folks that don't get a deer, some places a person can register with the local or county law enforcement and get put on a list and called when there is fresh roadkill. Usually has some meat damage, but it is free and one can always throw away the bad stuff.

11. bownero

bownero Well-Known Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the deer harvest this year Jeremy. Does need to be harvested too. Lord knows we have plenty of them around here too! Good job!!!:big_smile:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i fillet them just like a fish "with legs" lol. i can do one standard cut "steaks chops roasts and removing grinding meat from hide to freezor in two hrs. then another 30-40 grinding. heres a sneak peak.

first pic is one side almost removed and second is whole 1/2 deer deboned and third is the 1/2 cut.:cool2:

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats on a great season. I have never seen a deer cut up that way, I will give it a try

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    after i quarter a deer or pig with my skinning knife, the only thing that touches it is a 6" rapala fish n' fillet knife. every year i see folks with hatchets and saws, when all you need is a sharp knife to take em apart. good job on getting all that meat jeremy! sounds like yall are set now.