5 small flathead catfish

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by retired stump jumper, May 11, 2006.

1. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    I wish I knew how to post pictures on this site. I would have taken pictures of the small flats I caught this morning & posted them here. I caught 5 in 3 hrs. The bigest was around 30 lbs. & the smallest was around 10 or 12 lbs. I kept the two smallest ones & turned the others loose. I caught them at Big Hill lake, between 4 & 7 this morning.

2. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I wish you could post a pic or two, I would love to see them.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Earl, congrats on a fine catch. There's always someone here to help with getting your pictures uploaded.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its pretty easy,I save mine to My Pictures,and when i'm going to post click on the paper clip up top,click on browse under upload file from your computer(it can be max of 500 width-400 height) and go to my pictures and find the pic you want and double click on it.Then click on upload and then close the window.Not sure you have to do this next step(but i do) I click on the arrow by the paperclip and click on the file name of the pic.Then the link should be on your post.I'm sure some people do it other ways,prob easier but this is how I do it.
    By the way "Nice Catch!!!"

5. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    Go to: http://tinypic.com/
    Click on browse and select your photo.
    Click on Upload Image.
    Go down and click on IMG once so it highlights in blue.
    On your keyboard click on Ctrl and C.
    Come back here and click on Ctrl and V which will post it here.

That's it.

6. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    Nice catch Retired!! Where on Big Hill were you? Were you bank fishing or in a boat? I'm going out tonight and can't make up my mind weither to go to the river or lake. The river is running high and the lake is producing, I hate decsions.

7. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Hey: Kanheadhunter. I fish from the bank. I used to fish from a boat but somebody needed it worse than I did, but before I could buy another boat I had a stroke & my balance is`nt very good any more. I fish early of a morning before the boaters get up. I fish at the boat ramp by the dam when I can & before the boats start running. One nite I sat right in the middle of the boat ramp but found out it was against the law the ranger said I was blocking the boat ramp & the boaters could`nt get to the ramp to take their boats out of the water, But I had not seen a boat nor har I even heard one for over three hrs. It was two oclock in the morning. If you are fishing from a boat go north from the ramp towards the point across to the north there is a pond about 2/3rds of the way across I used to catch a flat there. Also just off that point there is some old car bodys in the lake. About a mile north of the dam there is an old road bed & there is a concret bridge across the stream bed under the water. Fish the stream bed eather on the north or south side of the bridge. I know a few more places to fish on the lake but I would have to show you them eather in person or on your lake map.

8. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    If you need some help Or company give me a holler on here & I`ll see if I can meet you out there. But then maybe you know the lake as well as I do or better.