5 Miles from the Tennessee river and couldn't fish.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RIP, Jul 16, 2006.

1. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I had to go to Deer valley friday and work all weekend to change out a 600 Amp. service "HOT". We would cross the Tennessee River two times a day and I couldn't fish all weekend, they should give me a big bonus or something for this. I mean I could have gone into convulsions or something, having to be that close and not being able to fish.:crazy: :sad2:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Man, that is a very un-nerving feeling Rusty!!! I have been in that position and that is why I am the way I am today, LMAO!!!

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Nothing like changing a service out hot. Sometimes it makes you feel you are worth every penny and more then you get paid.
    I did it for years without any type of hot gloves until age finally hit me or was it wisdom?
    I think about things alot differently now when doing something that is dangerous or could be dangerous.
    Kudos to you brother for keeping the lights on!

I'm sure they wont biting this weekend anyway. Think positive man.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks brother, I am sure that it really killed you to see that water every day. I mean, to see that river where you know monster catfish live and could not fish it. All those big fish brother, and you just had to work. LMAO

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    RIP if it helps there was a lot of guys fishing a tournament at Pickwick and lots of them did not even catch a fish.
    Now if you get up my way. WE will try to get a trip up. Would be a boat ride for sure. LOL
    Can't say I remember how to catch fish.
    Pete

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Why Rip I was told that you couldn't catch a fish in captain d's iffin you had to.:byebye:

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Yeah but I still like to try.:lol:By the way how are you doing? Better I hope.

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Fit as a fiddle Rip. Thanks for asking. I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow and Right now I can see better then I have been able to see in the last ten years.:cool2:

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I feel for you brother, I have been there too, and that is a very bad feeling!!!!

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    What are you calling me a dummy for? Yes there at the bottom of your post.. HEHE
    Pete

11. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    RIP, I know what that's like. I was just visiting relatives near there, and didn't get a chance to fish aside from a small pond. I even bought a fishing license to fish the tennessee river. I just couldn't get a ride there.