5 hp Briggs and Stratton outboard motor

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Brentkeele, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    This is a 5 hp briggs and stratton outboard. This is an air cooled motor that I bought new in 2004. I have some new parts for it including a carb rebuild kit. It's a 4 stroke motor and comes with the fuel tank and a new hood.

I have had some difficulty with it in recent years, but I'm not convinced that there is anything wrong that someone more mechanically inclined than I am cannot address and be very satisfied. I'll warn ya, it's loud, basically a 5 hp lawn mower motor sitting behind you.

Anyway, I'm thinking $275. Make me an offer. I would consider trades as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first pic is of the hoods that I have for it. The other two are, obviously, the motor itself.

Thanks for looking

2. ia flathead

ia flathead New Member

State:
    iowa
    whats your bottom dollar?

3. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    make me an offer, I can be a reasonable guy. Depending on what part of Iowa you are from, I'd be willing to meet you somewhere around halfway so you can take a look at it. I do not want any buyer's remorse from anybody that I sell anything to.

4. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    bump

5. pitbull33

pitbull33 New Member

State:
    missouri
    it isnt really worth that bro, they are a dime a dozen.

6. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    What's it worth? That is why I stated "make me an offer". If you're offering constructive criticism, I can take that. If you are attempting to sabotage someone's efforts, then I think everyone will agree, you can butt out and keep your fingers off the keyboard.

If you have a price that you think is more inline, then be all means, I am all ears.

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Brent, I wouldn't let somebody with only 12 posts get under your skin.
    Are you coming to Leadstock? If so, bring it down so I can look at it. I got a nice little shallow draft jon boat that I think would be just about right for that motor. BTW, does it have a reverse?

8. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Yes I do plan to come to leadstock. I will bring it with me Kutter. Thanks

9. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Brent by all means make sure the reverse works. Kutter runs backwards most of the time so he will sure use that reverse. lol Ain't that right old friend Kutter!!!

Jesse

10. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Kutter, you are in luck. The reverse works beautifully

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Reverse? just take 2 of them down he can mount one at each end, LOL! By the way I found a dime shall we stop off in the show me and pick up a dozen extra? :wink: amazing isn't it....... I see what ya meant.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Jesse, you ol fool, I heard you had upt & died! Whew, glad I didn't waste that money on flowers.:wink:

13. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.