Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jimmy Oliver of London, KY wanted to give his dad Robert a special 78th birthday gift, so he asked me to guide them on a trip for big blues here on Chickamauga near Chattanooga, TN. What a birthday present it was! The sun, moon, and stars must have all aligned perfectly for us because it turned out to be the trip of a lifetime. 30 fish boated with a total weight that had to be approaching 500 pounds, the largest 5 weighed an incredible 227 pounds, They were 70, 65, 40, 28, and 24 pounds. The smallest 8 fish went into the livewell and still went close to 60 pounds and filled up their cooler. For the longest time Jimmy couldn't stick a fish and lost a lot of hits, he just couldn't get the hang of those circle hooks, so I put a big kahle on so he could set the hook hard and that solved the problem. Meanwhile, his dad was hilarious and kept offering to let Jimmy reel in some of his fish. We had several doubles and even a triple of nice fish - you should have seen that riot! When the dust settled, Jimmy had a 40 and the 70, his dad had a 28 and a pile of fish 14 to 17, and I had the 65. They couldn't stand it and so we stopped at the superstore and transferred the pics to disk and printed them all out. They are talking about having the pic of the 70 that they are holding together blown up to 20 x 30 for the office (they have a boat dealership). I agree. I wish I had a pic like that of me and my father. I can't remember seeing a father/son team happier! It sure made my day!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Great job again Eric, everytime I see you post it is another biggen. Congratulations and keep it up, I enjoy reading your reports and thanks for all of the pics.:worship::worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Goooood graaaavy Eric, what a bunch of fantastic fish. Man ya'll tore em up out there today. You sure know how to make dreams come true, the pictures say it all. Congratulations to all of ya'll. Thanks for the report buddy.

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
You sure made thier day a special one Eric . Glad to have folks like you here among us. Thanks for that great story and pics.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.