5 fish, 227 pound sack blue cats

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by EricM, Mar 25, 2008.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Jimmy Oliver of London, KY wanted to give his dad Robert a special 78th birthday gift, so he asked me to guide them on a trip for big blues here on Chickamauga near Chattanooga, TN. What a birthday present it was! The sun, moon, and stars must have all aligned perfectly for us because it turned out to be the trip of a lifetime. 30 fish boated with a total weight that had to be approaching 500 pounds, the largest 5 weighed an incredible 227 pounds, They were 70, 65, 40, 28, and 24 pounds. The smallest 8 fish went into the livewell and still went close to 60 pounds and filled up their cooler. For the longest time Jimmy couldn't stick a fish and lost a lot of hits, he just couldn't get the hang of those circle hooks, so I put a big kahle on so he could set the hook hard and that solved the problem. Meanwhile, his dad was hilarious and kept offering to let Jimmy reel in some of his fish. We had several doubles and even a triple of nice fish - you should have seen that riot! When the dust settled, Jimmy had a 40 and the 70, his dad had a 28 and a pile of fish 14 to 17, and I had the 65. They couldn't stand it and so we stopped at the superstore and transferred the pics to disk and printed them all out. They are talking about having the pic of the 70 that they are holding together blown up to 20 x 30 for the office (they have a boat dealership). I agree. I wish I had a pic like that of me and my father. I can't remember seeing a father/son team happier! It sure made my day!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice family picture you look like you guys had a great time nice blues good job:smile2:

3. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What a great trip and to think you released the biggun's too. Memories like this deserve to be preserved. Thank you .

Keep your lines wet and let them biggun's grow

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Great job again Eric, everytime I see you post it is another biggen. Congratulations and keep it up, I enjoy reading your reports and thanks for all of the pics.:worship::worship::worship::worship:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations to you all, definately a trip of a life time to remember. Thanks for posting the story and pics.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You came through again 'DAD'.:smile2:

I don't care what mom says I want to be a chip off the 'ole block!

7. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    wow what a great trip. cograds on a asome day of fishing.

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congratulations on another awesome trip Eric, numbers and size, that's hard to beat.

9. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    NIce pic great job. THem some real nice fish like alway :smile2: Look like u made there day

10. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thats one way to say Happy Birthday(Wooooooow).
    Way to make a mans day. Congrats.:crazy::big_smile:

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Those are some HOGS! A day to never be forgotten.

12. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Goooood graaaavy Eric, what a bunch of fantastic fish. Man ya'll tore em up out there today. You sure know how to make dreams come true, the pictures say it all. Congratulations to all of ya'll. Thanks for the report buddy.

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is truly a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing this great story.

14. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::dribble: wow what a mess of hogs. Great bithday gift. Keep on fishing

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You sure made thier day a special one Eric . Glad to have folks like you here among us. Thanks for that great story and pics.

16. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    WoW!!! What a creel of fish. Im sure that was a blast. Thanks for sharing the pictures. rspd507

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
  18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    WOW!

Nice Eric!

19. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Nice job buddy, great pics also!!!!Keep up the good work

20. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Eric very nice fish:dribble:, way to put them on the cats!!Way to go!!