5 days until urban deer hunten season

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by shadgutter, Sep 10, 2008.

1. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    anybody else ready 4 the deer hunten season 2 start? ready 4 some back straps in my freezer!

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    me and ben was talkin'.... we just flat don't understand you deer huntin' guys:confused2:

3. Crimsonrain22

Crimsonrain22 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have to say I felt like one the other night cat fishing. Got a good snag and gave it yank. Was reeling in pretty heavy so I thought for sure I had a turtle. Well instead I was greeted by a pristine Deer Skull. Wish I would have taken a picture was the strangest thing I have ever reeled in.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man dude, what are the odds? Don't fish in a thunder storm whatever ya do:eek:oooh:

5. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah I'm feeling the fever! Now if I only had some Tippecanoe Co. property to hunt, I'd be chompin' at the bit to get the urban season going!

6. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Not a hunter myself but I'm totally down for the hunters. Good luck!

7. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    You go Ben! I'm sending you my mojo right now.
    You can thank me later. :)

8. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Well Doc, I just gotta ask... What is there not
    to understand? I'm guessing there's possibly
    something humorus to this. Please do tell!

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, no not really... just seems like a big pain in the ass... Goin' out in the cold rain, climbin' to a tree stand, trackin' blood drops for a mile threw sticker bushes etc. guttin' the friggin' thing, draggin' it back to your truck, butcherin' it etc. etc..... dang thats alot to even type! :eek:oooh:
    LOL, no wonder they say it's the best thing they ever ate!:smile2:
    Heck man, just drive down 56th street near eagle creek park... someone'll hit one before too long... save ya a buncha trouble and you'll still have time and money to go fishin'! :wink:

10. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    to many monster blues out there to be stuck in a tree stand :wink:

11. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Amen to that,, too many blue *gills* for that matter:smile2:

12. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Now Now Dr. P......what about waking up at 4am, catching bait in the rain, spending endless hours spooling reels, making leaders, sharpening hooks, cutting up endless amounts of bloody messy cut bait, spending hours on the water to only catch one fish....we're not so different after all, eh?

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LoL, alright, alright... ya got me I suppose:embarassed:

14. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm aware of the urban deer zone. But never heard of a urban deer season. I thought youth deer season was Sept 27 and 28th was the earliest in IN.

15. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Correction!
    I just read that Urban zones open Sept 15th. Did not know that. I hunt an urban deer zone but I never go until after the first frost because of mosquitos. Plus it's just too warm to kill a deer for me. You'd have to cool them super fast.

But good luck to those that choose to hunt then. If it wasn't for deer season I don't think I could bare Indiana winters anymore.

For those of you that don't hunt deer. There is nothing like be settled in silently in a tree stand in the winter in total darkness and watch as the woods wakes up. If you haven't experienced it you wouldn't understand. The killings not it. It's the hunting.

I passed on a big doe last year that had a snow white patch on the right side of her body about 16" square. A perfect target. This after sitting all firearms season without a decent shot freezing my butt off. I figured she'd been dealt a bad hand already. I did manage to take a couple after that. One for the freezer and one for the farmer that lets me hunt there.

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I told shadgutter to just bring his boy over here (about 5 min away from him) deer are everywhere... hell they're almost tame enough to tackle one... then go fishin'

17. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Will you show us all how you'd go about tackling one? I think that's something I would like to have front row seats to. :smile2:

18. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Jan = Ice fishing crappie, gills, walleye and perch
    Feb = Ice fishing crappie, gills, walleye and perch
    March = Late ice and ice out Crappie and Gills, pike spawn
    April = Crappie/smalley/sauger/white bass spawn, turkey
    May = Crappie/white bass spawn, turkey and a few cats
    June = Cat spawn
    July = Cat spawn. salmon pre-spawn
    August = Post spawn cats, salmon pre-spawn
    Sept. = Salmon spawn, Where the !@#$ did the cats go! Urban if you got turf!
    Oct. = Bow
    Nov. = Bow, shotgun
    Dec = Bow, muzzy, Ice if your lucky!, goose Kabobs

What part of the equation don't you understand?

19. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Amen to all that...too bad I don't ice fish though...seems like it'd be a good time...I just don't need another reason to spend more money on fishing gear!

20. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Ice is the best. I know what you mean about gear. I have slept in my 350 dollar shanty on the ice to justify the costs! Of course it's 70 deg in there as long as I don't run out of propane. It also has a bench seat that folds down into a bed.

You should put a stand up along the Bash for those urban deer. Purdue also has a lot of land you can hunt if you sign up for it in time.