5 Catfish over 10-lbs today

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, May 21, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    But no big fish again:sad2:..4 flats between 10 and 16-lbs and a 11-lb channel, all on fresh cut shad...THE PICS, SUCK, cause my fishing buddy went crappie fishing.

Attached Files:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That sounds like a productive trip out Jack. Congrats man. I'm sure you have a couple two, three, five, twenty-two good fish to be caught yet this year.:wink: Work is getting crazy for me now, I hope to bust a couple more this year.. I hope!:smile2: rollo

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds like you were on 'em! I cant wait to get back on the water this weekend!

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some pretty nice dinks you got there!! Congrats on the catches!!!:smile2:

5. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    A buddy of mine and I went on the last full moon and caught 16 flats in one night but the biggest was only 16lbs. The lake we were fishin has the monsters in it but we must be doing something a little off. we went the night after the full moon also and wound up getting 6 more in just a few hours but once again nothing big. We were using big bluegills also. Oh well, it was fun watching the glow sticks go down from the boat. We learned one thing really quick. you never know how big the fish is until its under the boat if your casting to the bank from the boat. Soon as you hook them they fly into the deeper water. A few times I thought they got off because I couldnt reel fast enough to keep up. Its amazing what how big of a piece of bait a very small flatty will try.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio

You got that right, anything under 20 is a dink!

7. Ozz

Ozz New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Hey what's happening baby boy! Good job. You are closer to a big girl than you think. I bet that the majority if not all of the flats you guys caught are male. If that's the case there will be 1 huge female or more in that area. The males are waiting or hoping to get in where they fit in with her or them. Try your spot in the morning. The fish you think carp chasing another are actually a male flathead chasing a female. Don't believe me. Look close at the fishes wake in the lead she will always be much larger than the male. More than likely you won't catch the female, but if you cast a glob of worms, gill or anything that moves 10ft-20ft behind them or in the vacinity you will catch more males.
    Wait just a little while longer if you want your big girl. If your very patient and want her stop fishing that area, get a pair of binoculars and scan the water. One sunny morning she will be sunning herself after a good spawn. Come back that night with a medium sized bullhead rigged river style, with enough lead to secure the bullhead in one spot. If you do not have the correct gear she'll let you know. Good luck and hangon. Ozz out peace.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol. Jack.... You better read up on the tips that were offered. Keep being patient man, one of these days your bound to get lucky and land a nice flathead. :smile2: Just keep on trying. :big_smile:

9. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HAHAHAH ! WAY to go Jack ! Glad to see your catching them finally ! LOL
    To think it wasn't long ago and you were posting about not catching a flathead yet !
    Congrats on the Fish !
    Matt AKA DESODE

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish jack.off to a good start anyway

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yes I need all the help I can get, the 55, and 2 over 40 last year just were not big enough...I need a 70!

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats Jack! Better than my night. I only managed one 3# Flattie...:embarassed:
    I can't wait till we get to meet up and do some BS'ing & fishing!!!:wink::cool2:

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have never heard of hunting flatheads with binoculars!

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I must really be a pesimist....A few years ago I would consider 5 fish over 10-lbs a good trip, now I think it sucks if I dont catch a 30-lber.

15. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats on the catch Jack. I'm only a few Flats into the season so far. Hoping to get on some fish this weekend...

16. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Good catch Jack.My only question is, do flatheads really come that small? :wink::smile2:

17. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sure they do...but be careful because once you start using binoculars you'll want to start using a high powered rifle too!!!!:confused2:

18. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
  19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio

Whats that about dinks buddy?:big_smile: