5 big guys in one boat

Discussion in 'Boating Stories' started by roadkill636, Nov 19, 2009.

1. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    earlier this summer my dad, grandpa, brother ,uncle,and me all planed a weekend fishing trip to Mark Twain lake. at first my dad wanted to bring his boat "a 21' runabout" just to have more room in the 2 boats. but I convinced him that we all can fit into my boat just fine, and also I dont think it would be very fun having all of us guys split up between 2 boats. you know how it go's 2 diffrent conversations, one wants to fish here the other over there and the next thing ya know the family is completly seperated,. the 24' Seaark was plenty roomy enough for the 5 of us and 2 coolers and all the usual gear for the day
    thankx to the friendly boater for taking this picture of 3 generations of my family

Attached Files:

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yea, Looks like it worked out just fine.. and kept everybody together..
    man, that's a long boat!! I like it!!!

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I guess that was the right decision, as long as everyone fits and its not overloaded. Being split up wouldn't be as much fun.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Very nice! That 24 footer sure does have the room!! I never really thought of it that way before

5. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Great looking boat and family. I'm sure you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. Did you do much catching?

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't think you'd be overly crowed in that boat. Those things are huh.
    Question is DID YOU ALL CATCH ANY FISH???? Sounds like you had a good time either way.

7. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso

the cropie fish catch was moderate,,10 - 12 for each day

but years from now when loved family members are no longer here, and we are looking at this picture on the wall I dont think anyone will be wondering what the fishing was like:wink:

8. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Any time that 3 generations of family anglers can get together yes, it should be in one boat. Looked to be quite comfortable. Thanks for sharing.

Ray

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Jeremy for sharing the pic and story. The 24 ft did the job and room to spare. That boat is as big as a barge.:wink: