5/13/07 wateree Report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, May 14, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...What is the Blue record for Lake wateree? 48lb correct?..."

There are no official records for the lake or any other public lake in SC.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Word is the striper bite has been great with catches of 15-30 during the peak feeding times the past couple of weeks. It may be on the slow down side of "the run" now.

3. rango

rango New Member

State:
    south carolina
    we been loading our coolers with striper the past 4-5 weeks wylie cat. its been a real good bite this year but the fish have been running smaller than usual. the largest one we caught in the river run went 8lbs 12oz about 3 weeks ago, but most of what ive heard being caught run in the 3-6 lb range.

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i know theres not individual lake records,if it was 48lb, then i broke it 2 yrs ago with a 53lber,and i know of 1 pic i saw of one that came out of there that went 63lb,i heard of one 75lb but never seen any proof or photos,does anyone else know of any real big uns taken out lately,i have seen several in the 30 to 50 lb range,just wondering if any of you heard of or caught any 60 plus

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    A 67 lb blue was caught there two years ago, it was in the Greenwood Index Journal.If I'm not mistaken it was in the Fish'n and Hunt'n guide too.

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i think that was the one i saw,i know thats where i saw it at,but i was thinking it was 63,i may be mistaken,theres also a pic of a big one at jamie k's outdoors on 21,but i cant remember the weight right now,i pretty sure it was in the 60s