4th time isnt the charm

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by quadrunner42029, May 30, 2009.

1. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    we got skunked last night on badin we fished from about 10 pm til 7 this morning and caught 9 fish and only 2 over 4 pounds and they were blues about 10-12 lbs rest were little channels current was friggin rediculous on badin we had to go back home and get 2 cinder blocks for each anchor line it was so bad. bait was still in gar creek but a pain in the butt to catch again and it started raining and by the time we got our rain gear on it stopped. then we had a flat on my friends truck when we got to the landing this mornging so i think we got our belly full for a few days before we go again.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....we got skunked last night on badin we fished from about 10 pm til 7 this morning and caught 9 fish ..."

If you caught fish you did not get skunked. :wink:

Be thankful for the ability to get out there and fish. I see people on the banks at the boat ramp that would love to have a boat and be able to catch 3-4 pound fish.

3. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    yeah i supposse your right but that was 9 hours i could have been sleeping and i was hoping we would catch a big one. we missed idk how many fish prolly 10 or more they bow pole double and we would grab it and start cranking (circle hooks) and they wouldnt be there. it was frustrating, i think we might go to tillery this evening for a change.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, I didn't understand how nine fish and two around 10lbs was a skunking:eek:oooh: I'd trade that "skunking" for any of the ones I've ever had that's for sure!!!:smile2:

5. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I went saturday night. bait was a little slow in garr creek so we got most at dam when the gate was closed. caught prolly 5 or so channel cats, umpteen blues, most in the 6-15 lb range and partner caught a 34 lb blue. I wasnt going to fish up river but the current was so good I stayed. It was a good night of fishing but I didnt get a nap. Didnt catch any Flatheads, they probably didnt like that current.

6. carolinamudcat

carolinamudcat New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    I fished Badin Friday night from 6pm until 2am, as always from the bank. I had a lot of bites, somehow lost 2 (how a fish breaks 65lb braid is beyond me), and in the end landed what I consider a nice one

Attached Files:

• c2.jpg
      c2.jpg
      File size:
      14.9 KB
      Views:
  7. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    from the way I hear it, If you caught it from the bank you done real good. It seems like fish know:tounge_out: congrats

8. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    You know any day of fishing is a good day. I would have loved to have gotten out this weekend but no luck. I don't know about you but I am no fan of circle hooks I will stick with my Kahlie hook. Never failed my yet 98% hookup.

9. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    a kahle wont set itself as good tho and they will bend before my 8/0 gamakatsu circles will

10. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Well as I said " They haven't failed me yet. " I like my Kahlie's almost always in the corner of the mouth. If it sticks them they are hooked. Now don"t get me wrong I do use circles also but I have must of my hookups on a Kahlie.