4th of July

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Whistler, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Everyone be safe this year on the 4th. We live dangerously enough in our daily lives without adding to it the danger of getting burned and/or burning someone or something. Let's face it. We fish below dams, Wing dikes, we run rivers when the water isn't always so nice, we night fish and just by the nature of the beast we're after, we fish in some not so great places, Stumps, log jams, etc. So this year when July 7 gets here, let's all make a post here to tell how it all went. Caught a new personal best? Got a new boat and tried it out? New fishing gear? Or how about this? Just tell the story of what you and your family did for the 4th. BBQ? Camping? Visiting Gramma? Whatever. Just so we all know everyone made it through it OK and is still safe and sound. Thanks all!

2. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Here is SC there was an article in the paper yesterday explaining that the highway patrol, game wardens, and local police were going to put up road blocks leaving the most popular landings here in the state to get anyone leaving the water drinking.

If you're planning on drinking---Stay home!!!

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sounds like a date. im doing alot of the above. camping, BBQ, fishing. the PB. well theres a shot at that too. see ya all next week. ill be packing pics too.:wink:

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would like to express my extreme appreciation of your post. To me it is m ost kind and I truly appreciate you saying what you did. May God Bless you and yours always.~~~~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bryan, good idea, I'll be working the 4th and 5th, so that just leaves the 6th for me to get into any trouble and will be at church twice that day. Surely I'll make it to the 7th, LOL!

Happy 4th to everyone!

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i had a 4 dayer. and possibaly a 5 day. rained out thurs and storms in forcasast tomorrow:crazy:

any way friday i went to the store and got me a new grill. mini one. wife and kids went to fireworks. i went fishing. a 6 pack of NA beer and some real:smile2:

fished at the sportsmans club i belong to. BBQed some chicken thights wings and legs. boffolo style with some famous daves BBQ too. drank my NA and ate. got a couple taps. i seen a few guys catch a few but not many. had 3 reg beers and decided that was enough and left befor i drank anymore. came home to watch the busch series race. now called nationwide,lol.

drank some beers and went to bed. saturday i went to the campground where uncle was camping with his grandson. wife and kids came out and we fished for a bit. his grandson caught some nice channels earlier that day. i got hits. again no fish.:angry:

had a big 1/2 hunk of beef brisket on the smoker. came home after 3-4 beers at 6:30. stoked up the smoker and watched the cup race. my man finished 2nd door to door.:big_smile:

tiler lit off some fireworks last night till some thunder bombs went off and jumped up and burnt his leg and made his right ear ring and loose hearing for a 1/2 hr.:eek:oooh:

drank a few beers and went to bed.

not a real exciting weekend but i didnt get in trouble and had some good food.

did squat today. disassembled a chainsaw to part out on ebay. bout time for a cool one.:wink:

heres some unexciting pics. fridays fishing and BBQ.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    some more pics. saturdays events. uncs grandson with his catch. on livers. my sat meal. and close call in race.

i had to clean the fish and he let me have the smallest one for cleaning them.]

never seen a cop or warden. way i like my weekends.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Bryan, thumbs up, all here doing fine including the 50 odd relatives that ate all my food friday while I was at work. (exactly 50, they is just odd) LOL

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It's been a good time. My neighbor "Catfishing1" and I smoked 5 briskets and had a large time. Filled the air with smoke and fireworks. My youngest son turned 21 yesterday and spent the weekend with us. I worked all day on a kitchen table i'm building and Cher is cookin while i'm loafin. Life is good here in the sticks. I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable weekend.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i ate TWO 16 ounce ribeyes:cool2:

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Flew to San Fran on Thursday from work in LA. My wife and kids are up here for their annual month with the grandparents. Loafed on Friday, went to the wife's aunt's on Saturday and played water volleyball all day in the pool and ate some good food with friends and family. Between games of water volleyball I killed time by throwing the heathens over the net and seeing how big of splash they made on the other side:smile2: Watched the fireworks and was in bed by 11

Went down to Monterey to visit the wife's brother and my soon-to-pop sister in law yesterday. "Fished" off the pier and drained some cold Pacificos while the ladies shopped (fishing in quotes since neither one of us really had any idea how to fish off the pier:smile2:), went out for a great seafood dinner, and then spent the night in a toney hotel overlooking the ocean last night. Drove back to San Fran today and on a plane to LA for work in the early AM tomorrow. Pretty good weekend. I'd've rather been home fooling around my own house, but it was good to see the in-laws out here and I was due to spend some time with the wife since she's put up with being a fishing widow most of the summer. Hope ya'll had a good weekend as well!

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    is that all?:smile2:

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I think that word "ribeyes" is a misprint, and I think perhaps "two" is incorrect also.:wink: I believe the 16 oz part.:wink:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    We are talkin about sinkers, right?:wink:

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Ah, Whistler?
    Your making me nervous not reporting in.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    what the heck happened to every body. am i the only one who took pics of my boring weekend????????????:crazy: