4lb 8.2oz Crappie

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bwhupp, May 29, 2008.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Looks like another record fish was caught. The DNR is conducting tests on the fish to check if it is a Hybrid or Black Crappie from some tissue samples. Caught in a farm pond apparently.

Not sure if I like the idea that fish can be declared state record out of private ponds.

http://www.bnd.com/living/story/354031.html

2. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's a nice fish! Not to discredit the kid, but for records don't you have to act alone in landing the fish? It's something to be proud of no matter what though.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I think acting alone is only for a world record, and I have to agree with you BW, "Private Ponds" are fine in there own catagory :wink:, still a nice fish!

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    No doubt about that.... I wouldn't mind catching some 4lb crappie! LOL

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats a awesome looking crappie I bet that thing put up one heck of a fight, it would be like fighting a big bass or cat, sounds like there is all kinds of fish records thats being broke this year hopefully the luck will keep up.

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    it says 7 of the 48 records for fish at dnr are from farm ponds . so guess i take it that it counts . it would be nice to see what else is in that pond .

7. jeselder

jeselder New Member

State:
    illinois
    does anyone know the differnece in a black and a hybrid

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    From the sounds of the article... it seems to be a very shady way to tell the difference without tissue sampling it. So I do not have any idea.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I believe the Lat lines are broken on the Hy's like the bass, But I have also read that a natural Black over 2# can have a broken Lat line, so like BW said with out that CSI Investigation it would be hard to say, I know I would still take 10 of them on any day LOL, one heck of a samich right there! Have it sent over and I'll run to the pond and catch some Blacks and we can heat the grease and Sample that flesh!

10. Migrator83

Migrator83 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    thats a nice crappie

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    That my friends is one big crappie.my biggest weighed 2.2 pounds and i thought it was a nice fish, it's bait compared to this young man's.:wink:

12. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    That's a nice fish, gonna have to start taking light tackle to land the big ones.:wink:

13. rockfordflathunter

rockfordflathunter New Member

State:
    rockford,illino
    Thats a great catch no matter where its from .WoW!