4in vanes or 2in vanes

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by SLIM80, Sep 10, 2008.

4in vane or 2in vane

1. 4in

2. 2in

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SLIM80

SLIM80 New Member

State:
    alabama
    also any big difference in the blazer and the quick spin

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    blazers all the way! i think the quick spin adds the to the rotation so it propels the arrow faster and makes it more accurate, ive never used the quikspins but the blazers are awsome

3. SLIM80

SLIM80 New Member

State:
    alabama
    thanks heard it wasnt a big difference except the price

4. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    i prefer the 2in vanes, but i'm willing to try the quick spin's or the other new one.

5. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I heard that the quick spin vanes were a bit loud. Does anybody have any insight on this?

6. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    I prefer 2inch blazers and absolutely nothin else. Great for feild points and same with broadheads. Ill never go back to feathers or long veins thats for sure. I too have heard that the qs are louder. I know my old 4inch veins were louder and slower to. Just my 2 cents. good luck:wink:

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I use the 4" Quick Spin ST. vanes. They have been redesigned with a plastic insert in the vanes, instead of a metal insert. I have been impressed with the durability and accuracy of these vanes. I noticed they are very quite too. Indoors and outdoors. I've used them on deer, beer and turkeys. None of them tried to jump the shot. Of course a fast bow helps too.

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i shoot a fossilized bear whitetail that is set at 55 pounds. i also shoot the blazer2" vanes with fixed muzzy 3 blade braodheads. i have only bowhunted for 2 years, and have killed deer both years. the blazer vanes are the ticket for me, i will never switch from them or the muzzys. i don't think they are loud, but the whisker biscuit i shoot through sure as heck is! i am going to get a faster bow next year with a fall away rest. i'm looking at a mission, but that is a different thread... something i will add about the balzers with a shoot through rest- they won't curl over time like any of the 4 inch vanes i have tried. good vanes!

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I use 5", with 4 fletched arrows.

10. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i just switched to 2 in blazers from normal 4 in vanes i dont know if it was cause i was shooting in the wind today or what but my arows wer making lots of noise and i have never had it before i shoot a whisker biscut too and love it which i hunt on the ground and spot and stalk to so i t really helps with that,, the 4 in vanes i had wer dura vanes and never had one curl in 3 well now 4 seasons but i really didnt notice any difference except that the shorter vanes are faster with a whisker biscut

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I been shootin 2314 with 4" feathers behind a 2 blade head for years. Been shootin some carbon last couple days but i'll prolly stay with the super slams. It's been workin and i hate to risk change lol.

12. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I have been shooting 4in feathers since i started bowhunting and i dont even want to change.

13. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    4" here plenty of speed to spare in my effective kill range. The quick spins are a little louder. The deer go, "What the heck ......... owwwwww!!!!" Nothin against the blazers though. I actually have a couple of bare shafts that I shoot at the range and they hit just fine, my set up is pretty tight.

Richard

14. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use a 2" quickspin ST. They're great, especially at longer yardage. As far as being loud, I haven't noticed any difference.

15. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    2314's :crazy: I remember the "broom stick" shooting days.:wink: but if they're good enough for Chuck Adams they're good enough for me.