47lb flathead catfish on the colorado river

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by riverbud55, May 23, 2006.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Went out to the colorado river near blythe ca, took my uncle and cuz for some flat head fishing, bluehunter and catmando were also there in cats boat,went out sat morn to catch some bluegills for bait end up with a dozen+ palm size gills, took off about 7pm up the river to my hole, at about 9:30 i got a big run fought the fish for about 5 min. kept on taking my 35# maxama line off of my abu 7000 big game reel and started runing to the tules so i tried to put the brakes on it and it end up braking off at the hook . at 2:30am my uncle got a big run after about a 10 to 15 min fight we pulled in what end up being a 47lber, the following morning looked in to its mouth and found my 8/0 gami octapuss hook in its mouth, went out last nite and got a 5 lber for myself

this is my uncle dwayne with his biggest fish ever

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attac...5&d=1148370207
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attac...6&d=1148370207

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sounds like a good night out.
    Unable to view your pics though.
    thanks
    Larry

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    47 lbs, that's a big fish! For whatever the reason, I was not able to view the photos either.

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey guys don,t know what's with the link on this thread, but it works in the AZ river section (emmm?) , so go there or to the CA river section looking in the colorado river thread to see the pics

by looking at the link that came up its going back to the old site, was reading a post in the old site and paul (Catfish_Commando) had a post in there from a few weeks back that the old site is coming back up

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    That is a pig in any waters!! Great fish. Those Gamagatsu circles are awesome!! I am using the #6 little circle on my perch rigs now.