47lb flathead catfish on the colorado river in Arizona

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by riverbud55, May 23, 2006.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Went out to the colorado river near blythe, took my uncle and cuz for some flat head fishing bluehunter and catmando were also there in cats boat,went out sat morn to catch some bluegills for bait end up with a dozen+, took off about 7pm up the river to my hole, at about 9:30 i got a big run fought the fish for about 5 min. kept on taking my 35# off of my abu 7000 big game reel and started runing to the tules so i tried to put the brakes on it and it end up braking off at the hook . at 2:30am my uncle got a big run after about a 10 to 15 min fight we pulled in what end up being a 47lber, the following morning looked in to its mouth and found my 8/0 gami octapuss hook in its mouth, went out last nite and got a 5 lber for myself

this is my uncle dwayne with his biggest fish ever

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9545&d=1148370207
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9546&d=1148370207

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Now you did it Dale - I'm coming back down there.

Frist "Brian" - now "You" - I know that I'm coing back now!

Good Job!!!!!!
    :0a23:

Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

3. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Riverbud....you guys are tearing things up over there. I gotta get myself to the Colorado.

Wow!!!!

I talked to Bluehunter and he mentioned to me that you guys got some nice fish. I just wish that the Colorado wasn't so far away. It would probably take me a good 4-5 hours to get there.

Keep up the good work men.

Martinman

4. kittygitter

kittygitter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    now thats a story to tell. Hey you win some you lose some its all good. I got one for you me and my buddy were fishin' at a resovor and he got a bite so after he fought the cat after about 3 mins he pulls it up to the dock and the fish gets unhooked and swam away and as soon as he did i got a bite and it was the same fish it seems that he had taken both of our baits and when my buddy started to reel his line i didn't notice the slack in my line, it was ateam effort so to say and a nice 5 pounder i can't remeber what it was though o well
    :amazed:

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Man, I want one of those badly! Way to go Dale! Come on Bert, say when!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tell him congrats on the fish.Don't that just about make you sick that you almost had that bad boy for yourself? I'd be real happy for him but nauseated that it could have been my catch.

7. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Man, tha'ts a great fish, great pic too. Way to go.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    OK phil -I'm saying it:
    "WHEN"!!!!!!lol:happy:

9. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    just let me know, phil and burt we'll hook it up,

man dudes these big ones are a blast. had that thing hooked up myself for 5 min. that was my first time hooking up to something that big. just to bad i lost it, not offen you lose a fish and get a chance to find out what it was, just glad my uncle had a chance to hook him, at 73yrs young thats the biggest fish of his life and somthing he'll never forget. going to be getting me some 60# line next time, had a polamer knot and it broke at the hook,the hook i found in its mouth still had a pc of my line from the knot atached

ill be down there next week for the week, lets see ill be there 9 days (and thinking the last 2 times i was there we have hooked up with 130 lbs of fish in 2 nites)DREAM ON

hey dudes going 2 be down there by myself for the week days if anyone wants to head out let me know

10. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    NICE ARIZONA FLATHEAD. Congrats!

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phil,

I'm taking a vaction from July 23rd to about Aug. 5th
    if you wanted to plan something around that time. - (just a thought :roll_eyes: )
    :0a23:

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    YEAH!!! Thats what Im talkin 'bout!!!

13. akleader

akleader New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hello all....I am from Phoenix. I just got a new Ranger 620VS, and I'd love to hook into one of those bad boys. Any tips...

Where do I drive to in order to hit that area of the river?

THX

14. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Hello all, Got back from trip last week, got all the yard work done and a few honey do's and Its time too go fishing. Would like to give bartlett a try some nigth during the week. Also am going to plan a trip to the Colorado river for a few days around the end of the June. Sure hope Riverbud left one or two flats for me. If I don't have any luck in the Blyths area I will try a few spots I know down by Palo Verde. If anyone would like to join me just let me know. I will be making trip to the river until mid October for Flathead and channel cat fishing.
    Later Bill