442 lbs. in ONE night! Trip of my lifetime!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, Jul 30, 2008.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Bumper and I hit the Tennessee River for an all-night cattin' trip that ended up being nothing short of phenomenal! We ended with a 442# haul of 20 Blue Catfish in one night! Over a 20# average! It was the most amazing, action-packed trip of my life. I can still feel the adrenaline pumping... and the burn in my arms.

The night started with a 9 fish, 180# haul from one spot! In fact, Bumper and I were laughing after the trip thinking, "what if this chaotic action was captured on video"! It would have looked insane. At any given time it seemed like there was a cat or two in the boat with another rod just beginning to load. Just as we would release a fish drag would start ripping off another pole! We were running around like crazy people just trying to keep a couple poles baited and in the water. At one point we only had 2 of 8 poles in the water. It was an incredible start to an unbelievable night.

After this initial spot the action slowed a bit, but the size and quality of fish got even better! I started to keep a log of the fish weights. It just kept going! We started to look at our average weight, which was now over 20#s. We had three in the mid-30s and one that weighed 44#s.

I will never forget last night. All fish were caught on big pieces of cutbait in 30 feet of water or less. All fish were released. Here are the weights I scribbled down last night:

44, 37, 32, 30, 28, 27, 26, 23, 23, 22, 20, 19, 19, 19, 18, 16, 13, 11, 11 and then there's Bumper's 4#er :smile2: Just kiddin'!

I have a few pictures to share and I know that Bumper has some great pictures and maybe some more details that I have left out!

Attached Files:

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well if it wasn't for the pics I woulda said you were dreaming. :eek:oooh::wink:

Good job and thanks for posting.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man, that is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reps on their way to you, sir! Heck I could feel the adrenalin just reading it!
    Bill in SC

4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats to the both of you on your trip.:crazy::wink: That is what happens when your at the right place at the right time. Man now if that would just happen to me.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congrats on a great night!!

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Nice haulin, Fellas!

QUITE IMPRESSIVE!

7. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    WOW....what a great report. I am glad to see you guys had so much fun.

8. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Congrats guys,
    Thanks for the report and great pics. Those sure were some dandy blues. rspd507

9. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Way to go man. That is awsome. Hope that happens more often.

10. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    WOW...Nice fish guys, I am coming fishing with you guys next time.

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Man I tell you what, that was a crazy trip. I figured it would be a good night after it took us probably 45 min. to get all the poles in the water because they were bitin' so fast in the first spot. The action was steady all night and the only spot we didn't catch a fish was the last spot we fished this morning. Even in minimal current, these fish were hittin' hard and pullin' out drag, you never had to wonder if the fish was on or not. When we were leaving this morning, a man asked how we did. I just smiled and said "you probly wouldn't even believe me if I told you". 442 lbs. of catfish on rods and reels and a 22 lb. average fish, that definitely makes up for the bad trips. The only bad part about it is my stank nasty boat, between all the catfish and skipjack slime, that thing's got buzzards circling the house. Here are some pics of my biggest fish for the trip.....and Marc, you've got to hold those fish out a little more in those pics, I think my fish look bigger :wink::smile2:.

Attached Files:

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    way to go guys nice haul for a nite of fishin reps to ya

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on a trip of a life time that we all dream about :cool2:. Reps to ya for sharing the report and the pics to back it up.

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great night, Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great report, congrats , what a night, I do not think I could of sleep afterwards

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Incredible Night, Marc and David. Congratulations!! I bet you will be on that high for the rest of the year, unless you do it again.:wink: I wouldnt doubt it.:big_smile: Definately inevst in a video camera, that would be fun to watch. Id recommend one with night vision, they look cool and turn out great. You never know when a night like that is gonna happen. Again congrats on a great trip, I will be down there in a week or two.:wink::smile2:

17. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats some nice Blues, Marc.

18. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wow, you guys were dialed in and got it done. Nice work!

19. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    way to guys thats awsome !!!!!!!!!!!! :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

thanks for the story and wonderfull pictures !!!!!!!! :wink::wink:

congrats

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Reps to you also, bumper. if that ain't rep worthy, there ain't no rep worthiness!
    Bill in SC