43 year old quarterback

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Yep, I'm sure you've all heard it, Vinny Testaverde started for the Panthers Sunday, and look pretty darn good for an over the hill guy whose been sitting on the couch since preseason. Do you think he *could* be the answer to the Panther's QB woes and eventually to their offense woes?

I think that he's a far cry better than David Carr (who was far better than Chris Wienke, so we're moving in the right direction). So, as long as Delhomme is out then I think Vinny's the man for the job. I think that our two biggest offensive woes are the running game, which seems to be a bit Jeckel and Hyde, and threatens to get on track at times. It just needs to be a bit more consistent. and that the recievers seem to have trouble catching the ball. Colbert and Carter have always had hands of stone, but now Steve Smith is dropping balls too! What!? is this stuff contageous or something?! As of yet we've yet to see Dwayne Jarrett in a game. Great use of a draft pick there. I never thought I'd say this, but: "we miss Keyshawn Johnson right now". So I don't think that Vinny can fix either of those problems. But, if they can keep him healthy, he should fill in nicely

Jon

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Yep he didn't do too bad for an oldman lol.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    trust me: old guys have more bad days than good:wink:...tell the coach not to stop looking for a qb:smile2:

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I didn't even know that he was still around until last week. Had my nephew in the car who asked me who he was. I said he has been playing since I was about your age........lol......

5. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I like Testaverde. He's just what Carolina needs right now. He's comfortable, he won't make a ton of mistakes and nobody's job is in jeopardy. Delhomme can have his surgery and route for Vinny knowing that he won't be around when he returns. Carr hasn't looked very good. Vinny's not going to get the Panthers to the Superbowl, but he might help them make the playoffs.

6. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i thought carr might be good but now think we screwd up again we need to draft a qb and let him learn because there not many great qb any more we also need a good big running back like the bus the little guys we got cannot run the middle bob

7. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Remember senoir citizens have alot of patience.:smile2: Maybe he won't freak out like Delhome did. Vinny has alot of experiance and I think thats what we need. To play like that with only 4 days makes me wonder what he could do with these two weeks to prepare.

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

What IS it with the Carolina quarterbacks? Now we've got an achilles tendon injury. As I've said before, I don't know so much about football, but I'm trying to learn. I for one thought it was rather neat someone Vinny's age was given the chance to prove he still has skill with the Panthers. This seems like SOME kind of bad luck to me......can't "keep him/'em healthy" and can't win at HOME? I know the loss wasn't all due to THAT, and I know, I know......Superbowl champion opponents, etc. but come ON. (Please excuse my rant, but y'all know I'm Carolina born and bred. I wanna see 'em get the rings :big_smile: AND the glory.)