43# blue solo

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Jul 7, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    My family is at the in-laws for awhile, so I'm without my 8 year old first mate. Hit a 43 last night and since he doubles as my net assistant (not quite big enough to be a full-fledged net man) and photographer, I had an adventure getting the fish in as well as trying to get some pictures all by myself...:big_smile:

The pics were taken with my phone in the dark, couldn't get one of me and the fish, but did get one of me and at least part of the fish. I was close to the ramp, thought about running down to see if anyone was bank fishing so I could get them to take a picture, but didn't want to keep the fish that long or leave my spot. Anyway, I got my PB blue, a few minutes of anxiety trying to get him in the boat, some sort of picture, and a facefull of water from the tailsplash when I turned him loose....Not a bad deal.

Attached Files:

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    great job branden ,we will see what we can do next weekend

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    nice fish man. I bet landing that by yourself was an adventure to say the least.

4. mapper

mapper New Member

State:
    overland park, kansas
    Solo landings are a challenge, nice fish.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I love it. You're laying there, next to your big blue cat, with a cigarette in your mouth... "Was it good for you, honey??":smile2:

Congrats on the new PB. Looks like the blues are finally coming to life on the mighty MO.

What was the bait? Shad or carp?

6. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    Nice fish, Brandon. Bet that was a blast. Too bad your son didn't get to see it.
    Were you using shad?

7. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Solo landings add to the fun of it all (and to the maddness of it all). Well done.

Looking at the picture, my screen res looks like two happy faces smiling at the camera, with a cigarette in one of them! Ha! That big blob to the right must be a big blob of fish.

Nice job.

CP

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Nice Fish Brandon. I hope I can get thats ones twin next weekend @ Waverly.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a hawg, congrats

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    He was on cut shad. I had 4 rods out, 2 shad and 2 carp, but no takers on the carp all night. Caught him in about 3' of water off a great sandbar. I hit it early and all I was catching was small channels, so I moved off and fished some deeper flats and a 30' hole, but no luck in either one. I actually went back to the sandbar about 3AM to anchor off and sleep more than fish:wink: It was kind of funny, I have one Abu 5000 that I usually only use for channels in smaller creeks, but it was in the boat on a medium-light Tiger rod. Nothing was biting, so I got bored and rigged it up and tossed it. Of course, that's the one the fish hit. He didn't hit hard at first, I thought it was a dink, so I wasn't moving real fast to get to the rod and then he decided he'd like to go somewhere else and started peeling drag. I think the sound of my snoring stimulates the bite, that's the second decent fish I've caught in the last couple of weeks just as I dozed off and started sawing logs....

11. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    so when are you gonna come and sleep on My boat!!!!

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Good job Branden! On the fish not the photo...:smile2:

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, the pix are pretty horrible. I think I look worse than the fish after being up all night :eek:oooh: Stupid kid wanting to see his grandma:smile2:

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hey congrats on a nice fish. Its almost a sure thing, if you want a bite just do anything away from the rods. Good Job.

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Branden, Nice fish man!

16. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    nice fish man, shame the pics arnt so great. we can see he was a beast tho:wink:

17. chicken man

chicken man New Member

State:
    mo
    Carefull there! Someone may start rumors!:smile2:

18. chicken man

chicken man New Member

State:
    mo
    You know it happens all the time, my wife will pull in her line and ask me to re-bait her hook. She catches more fish then me all the time, only because she catches them on my pole while I am baiting hers. A joke I will share between us is I call her the master caster because she can cast her line in the same spot over and over. we call me the master (you know what) because I am always baiting her line!!

19. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Nice fish, the man in the pic looked a little rough.:smile2:

20. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great fish to bad your little fishing buddy wasn't there.