Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by hunted, Jan 21, 2009.

1. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i got my statement yesterday.i am sssooo excited,i lost 2100 dollars last quarter alone.that makes close to 5000 this year.i should have probably fixed my elections quicker to guaranteed,but i didn't like a dummy.

just a friendly reminder for anyone who can change their elections around and protect it til hopefully obama fixes it,lol

disclaimer:i am not an expert,never will be and will never claim to be.follow my "wisdom" at your own expense,lol

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Almost $4,000 loss in mine.

At least we are not like the older folks who are getting ready to retire. We havea chance that ours can get back to normal.

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got mine also. I have mine spread out between alot of smaller to mid sized companies and I only have lost 1400.00 this year!!:smile2: Thanks guys for the post I dont feel as bad now!:wink:

4. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have put mine in fixed for a good while now corse im 48yrs old so it will be there it drawing 4.6 per cent int as of right now. id like to take a little out but only way they will let me is if im buying a house or have my hose about to be foreclosed wick im dont so i cant get to it .

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    There has been a lot of money lost last year bye the working man that has a 401k.

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    lost over three quarters of mine.

7. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah I have lost around $2000 myself. I don't see it getting any better. It looks like the government is getting bigger and thats bad news. The government has screwed up just about everything they have touched.

For the life of me I don't understand why people think it can help? Thats just crazy. If Obama puts more taxes on companies where we all work, where going to all take even more of a beating. When you tax the people who make the jobs,it just hurts the employes and the consumers. Its been that way since the dawn of industry. History doesn't change it just repeats untill people learn from it.

Sorry I don't mean to get political, Its just that I feel like I'm watching capitalism and all the wisdom of history both getting flushed down the toilet.

Matt AKA DESODE

8. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I'm not going to put a dollar amount in here, but according to my statements I have lost about 1/3 of my investments in the past year. It looks and sounds worse than it is. The amount I have actually lost is $0. If I sold the investments today it would be a loss. Since I'm not selling I haven't lost anything yet.
    There are several things you need to look at when figureing the losses. How much did the shares cost WHEN YOU BOUGHT THEM. That 1/3 loss from a year ago doesn't go back 20 years to the shares we bought at $1 apiece. A year ago those shares were $72 a share, today $48 a share. looking at a statement it looks like a loss over a year, however if you look at the long run you can see that I am way ahead.
    My point is a loss isn't always a loss when dealing with stocks.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good post there Joe. I'm retired and (misplaced) 1/3 of mine also. Last month I actually gained some back. It will be alright as soon as America is rebuilt!! LOL

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    your right joe,i haven't cashed in on them.looking throught the whole year,i have lost 5000 out of my account,which makes it look bad,and makes me cringe.
    i know what you are saying,hopefully,it will jump back up where it was before when this crap hole gets straightened out.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont have one, I will have to work till i die.

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    ive only been in it for a year now and i lost 200 bucks

13. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
    I have only in about a year also and drppoed a grand. Projection had me at 60 per cent of reaching my goal, but now down to 45 per cent. Guess will have to work 5 extra years too make it,,,,

14. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

even if your in a 401k you will work until the day you die !!!!! you will never be able to comfortably retire the best you will do is pay off your house , kids college, or buy a new car and health insurance .

401k are a joke

when regan broke the unions good pention plans for most of us died . for 30 years and out on good retirement.

now you have a 401k that people around 30 years old have to wait until 70 + years old to use it . what a joke !!!!!!!!!

if you try to pull your money out early you lose big time gain nothing infact may lose money !!!!

i say invest it yourself in guns, gold , ect or just bury it in the back yard .

just like putting money in a CD right now at a bank lmao whats the point !!!! pay your taxes on it you gained allmost nothing .

the best thing i can see to do right now is pay off your house as soon as possible and your debts . instead of paying interest . you will be money ahead ... just my opinion :wink:

15. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.I'm a memeber of laborer's union and we still have the 30 and out with a good pension. But I still have 20 years to go till I can retire a lot can change by then.We will have to wait and see.

16. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    read Revelations you will see why rick

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    pay off the house and debts! AMEN! You are right, thats a big issue right now...rollo

18. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    yep,i am working on what debts i have so i don't have to worry about them hopefully before long.

19. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I can pull my 401k at 59 1/2 yrs.old but at the rate of loss last year, I'll end up having to pay to close the account.:crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

20. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your right about getting out of debt, thats the best thing I think you can do. Thank heavens I cleared up all of my debt back in the good days at the steel mill. Then Billy "BJ" Clinton killed just about every steel mill from here to pittsburg with the free trade crap. My old man told me "get rid of all your debt while the money is good" . It wasn't easy though , the guys I worked with were all buying new trucks and I kept driving my clunker, but I'm out of debt now and their in bad shape.
    I agree that guns are a good investment right now in these strange days.

I was actually hoping to maybe get one of Obama's infrastructure jobs, then I saw this crap and just about threw up ! from the shock of what I was hearing and seeing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4&feature=channel_page

Maybe I'm taking this wrong but it sounded really bad to me. Sounds like I can't get one of these jobs because of my skin color. Am I hearing this right ?
    Matt AKA DESODE