40 Trout

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by bigtimingcats69, Mar 20, 2006.

1. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    I know nobody cares but i just wanted to post that me and my buddy caught 40 trout this weekend and caught 23 keepers. Caught a lot of native trout and a few rainbows. Biggest rainbow was 2 lbs and 3 ozs.

2. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    wow sounds like an awesome day for him!

is he trying to make us jealous. i gotta get out and get some trout, the season starts in alittle under a month now.

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Wow! Drew, thats awsome. Tell us about the trip. I like fshing for trout. What kind of bait did you and your buddy use?

Jaime

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I enjoy fishing for Trout! I've been having some early season success also. Although this is primarily a catfish site we all fish for other species as well so feel free to tell your Trout story!

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Back when I was growing up in Iowa, this time of the year was my trout season. There is no closed season in Iowa, and they stock the streams from April 1 to Oct. 31, each stream once a month. But I only fished trout between between mid Feb. - April 1st. Our go-to lure was a 1/8 oz. black and nickle rooster tail spinner. We'd have a blast catching trout that have outwitted other fisherman and now were too hungry to care apparently! But the weather was always pretty nasty, and we'd get real cold, but man we'd have a blast! Never kept any unless my mom wanted some for dinner.