40 lber

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Apache Flats, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Gotta! LOL
    By most everyone else's standards it would've been an awsome trip. Fishing for Bluegill all day with small pieces of worms and all I caught was Largemouth Bass 1-2lbs all day long:angry: I kept a few just in case for cut bait. At night I know I could catch Crappie and I did For 2 hours it was non stop but all were in 12-15 inch range ''Huge Crappie'' I did not catch anything small enough to use for live bait. I had to use cut bait, Crappie and Bass and all I caught was turtles Ya and a 40lb turtle:smile2: Left after only one night, gut feeling told me to leave.

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Gotta Lol

I meant to say ''GOTCHA'' :smile2:

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Those flatheads must know the regs.. It might have looked tasty, but they knew they were not alowed to eat.. lol..:tounge_out::roll_eyes:

* Too bad on the bait.. I found gills at pleasant at about 12-15 feet deep near underwater structure.

~A

4. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Anthony, I don't think there is a state record for a turtle, but i am sure it got your adrenalin going. Years ago my father-in-law and I caught a sizable turtle, cleaned it and cut it into scallop sized pieces. From what i remember it tasted good when we fried it with our catfish. Of course he was in for cooking anything [once]:smile2:

5. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You may want to watch what you type. It's no big deal to me, use what you want. If'n you get lucky and catch the Record one day, you might get labled as a cheater not following the regs. Just like all the people that cry about everything , you'll never quit hearing the cry of "cheater". Golden sunfish and silver bluegills. :smile2:

BTW. Sorry no Flats :sad2:

6. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I do believe at this lake on the rez you can use any cut bait of the fish you legally catch. And I really only want to be known for being honest and truthfull. I never lie or stretch the truth like 'some do' about what they caught, how many, and how big. :wink:

7. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So why did you leave?

8. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Myself and a bunch of other guys have had some major issues at this lake over the past few years. 99% of the time it's been good but when it turns bad it gets ugly in a hurry. :confused2:

9. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, hopefully you didn't take that as a shitty post. It was some honest friendly advice. Remember the famous fisherman that fawked up and lost his whole rep. ? I respect you and the way you fish so i was trying to give honest advice. I wouldn't want your prize one day to be in question because of an old post. I have never understood people lying about the amount/size of fish either. You bust your ass to catch an accomplishment. If you lie about the accomplishment then the accomplishment is a lie, not something you really earned. If you are not happy with what you caught than so be it. Why lie? I too am honest about what i catch size and amount. Sometimes i am so honest in what i say it pisses people off. I try to be straight forward even if people think i'm being a dick. Pussy footing around gets us no where. I'll always try to tell it how i feel and expect the same back. I do hold back sometimes and say nothing. If a person has been fishing for a number of years you can tell the difference most of the time between 30,40 and 50 lbrs. I could spend all day showing you pics from people that are B.S. I don't know those people and don't respect them so i say nothing.

10. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Weather? Or crazy people?

11. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az

I fully understand where you are coming from and thank you for your honesty. Hope my PM cleared all this up, oh by the way did I tell ya I catch all my Flats on Purina Cat Chow:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az

Crazy drunk people :eek:oooh: Stories to come later :crazy:

13. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Here kitty kitty.................

14. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member