40+ LB flathead catfish on the Monongahela River!!!

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by FLATHEAD LBER, Jul 9, 2007.

1. FLATHEAD LBER

FLATHEAD LBER New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh PA
    THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON THIS WEBSITE SO I THOUGHT I MAKE IT GOOD.HERE'S A 40+ POUND FLATHEAD I CAUGHT ON THE MON.I ONLY HAD A 40 LB DIGITAL SCALE AND IT WAS BOTTOMING IT OUT BEFORE I COULD GET THE WHOLE FISH OFF THE GROUND.OTHER THAN THIS AND A 28LB FLAT THE FISHING HAS BEEN A LITTLE SLOW THIS YEAR SO FAR,ALOT OF CHANNEL CATS BUT THE FLATTY'S ARE NOT HITTING AS WELL AS THEY SHOULD BE I HAVE CAUGHT ABOUT 15-20 YOUNG FISH 2-8 LBS.ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS ALOT CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO COMMPRESS MY PICTURES SMALL ENOUGH TO POST THEM I PUT THEM IN A ZIP FILE AND THERE STILL TO BIG YOU GUYS GOTTA SEE THIS BEAUTY.

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the BOC Jesse thats a huge flathead for the mon when did you get it? As far as resizing pics if you want to email them to me I could help you.

3. cattyshack

cattyshack New Member

State:
    pa
    Congrats Jesse on that awesome catch please post those pics asap

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :0a25: Welcome to the BOC. :0a25:

5. mikepgh

mikepgh New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    caps lock broken?
    :eek:oooh:

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    welcome to the B.O.C. best catfishing community on the planet. Congrats on the big flathead, cant wait to see it

7. catchinghogs

State:
    Pennsylvania
    OK lets see if this works. Well it worked took alittle bit of work. First off all that is a huge flathead. Did you have it weighed and certified cause the state record is 48 pounds 6 ounces I think. Now that we got the picture up how about the story LOL. That is one big fish. At last but not least turn of your caps lock

Attached Files:

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Nice one Jesse and welcome to the BOC. You find a lot hardcore PA flathunters here. Keep it up andkeep sharing!

9. FLATHEAD LBER

FLATHEAD LBER New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh PA
    thanks for getting that picture up for me mark.i did not get it on a certified scale i caught it at 2:30 am and did not know who to call and was not going to kill a fish like that by no meens.so i took it for what it was and now i got a 50lb scale instead of that 40lb that this fish bottomed out with at least 18"of fish still on the ground.it could have been a record or maybe not i wasnt gonna kill it to find out it was 1 lb short.so i let her go.caught it on a 9" hornhead chub.might be the most colorful fish i ever caught.keep those reels screamin...

10. catchinghogs

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Let me sat congrats again and welcome to the BOC. This is a great site if you have flathead fever. Browse around make some posts alot of good info and people here.Glad you released the fish it is a once in a lifetime fish hope to see you on here again with some huge flatheads again.And as I said in my email to you the Elizabeth does have some huge flatheads in there its not deep but the fish are there. Flathead fishing is like no other you spend alot of nights out there with nothing but when you get into the big ones you forget all about the bad days.One more thing if you are going to catch fish that big there are some 110 pound scales for sale on this site LOL!

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    jesse - Congrats on the awesome Flathead!:big_smile: I also want to say welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25::0a23: If you are into Catfish this is the site!

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Oh yeah! Great job releasing that fish! I'm sending rep! You are a true Catman!

13. cattyshack

cattyshack New Member

State:
    pa
    Hey Jesse i got that same shirt you got on in that pic, I shot against you in that archery shoot. You know who i am?

14. FLATHEAD LBER

FLATHEAD LBER New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh PA
    WHAT UP BRO? PM me your phone number and we will go out soon.nice shirt huh?i believe i won that year if i'm not mistaken.lol

15. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    That is a real nice fish.:0a5::0a5::0a5: Thaks for sharing.

16. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Great Fish there Jesse, keep them comeing, and welcome to BOC the greatest catfish site in the country.:wink:

17. Hawk33

Hawk33 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    That is a brute !!!
    NICE CATCH, the bite has picked up i'd start fishing !

HAWK

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jessie thanks for sharing your fishing trip and the big fish you caught. Much appreciated.Also, We welcome you to the BOC.

19. bohntrpa

bohntrpa New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Great fish, congrats

20. hglumac

hglumac New Member

State:
    SW PA
    good work....maybe somone else can catch that one again. I'm not asking for your spot, but what pool of the Mon did you get this one?

Also, what would it take to keep a fish that size alive until you could get to a weigh station, short of a swiming pool of river water!