40 in 1 - who does the baking?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Dec 19, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yesterday did a little extra baking for xmas, chocolate chip cookies. I fit 40 in one tray and 35 after that. I would have done 40 in both trays but I ran out of dough.:eek:oooh: many were sticking together but only a couple acually became one blob. all I had to do was cut them apart. 72 cookies when the batch is supposed to make only 48. made em smaller. what have y'all been makin for xmas, or has the baking been done for ya? chocolate chip cookies are usually the only thing I bake. maybe I'll get some pictures in here I took of all 40 on the tray.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Jon,

ShadyValleyMtnLady made me some Reese squares, and I had 2 at her daughters house. She gave me 6 of them in 1 inch squares and guess what? I had them for breakfast and only left one. YUMMMY! Good! I stopped making cookies, cakes, etc. and even decorating for Christmas after last year.

Take care.
    Cheryl

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Elena's birthday was the 10th. I got a work bonus for my 5th year at the place I work at for sears- $200.00

So I went and for her Birthday I got her the Kitchen Aid Artisan with all the bells, buttons, and whistles I could afford.

She and I argue over who does the cooking, but when it comes to outdoor grilling, barbecueing and smoking meats I am untouchable. Much the same when it comes to baking she is untouchable.

Anyhow she ABSOLUTELY LOVES that mixer. She made just about the best spice pie I ever had the day she opened the box. Im telling ya if I had not got on this diet I would be 40 pounds heavier after only a week and a day since her birthday LOL

I do have a "world's best" chocolate chip cookie recipe that I created when I was a teenager, and I only make em once a year (mostly cause theyre UNBELIEVABLY high in fat). I cant do but 6 on a baking sheet cause I make em big. Hand-sized cookies are a standard in my home when I bake. lol.

My favorite bars are the 7 layer bars made with 70% chocolate instead of the semisweet chocolate. Oh lord... I think my leather belt got a rip in it just thinking about them.

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds great, thought I would say something about your recipe, #1 I would like to have the recipe and #2, dont know if you use shortening or butter but if you use butter the fat is a lot more healthy, what they call "good fat" and is ok to have it sometimes. so if it is high in butter and that is the source of fat, it is ok to eat them once a month (or something like that), if you limit the amount per serving.:big_smile: I think what matters is how much you eat at once, when it comes to dairy fats. OK I'm not a food expert, just have learned a few things over the past few years. :roll_eyes: Thought the info would help.

... the 7 layer bars sound good, I make my cookies w/ 60% cocoa bittersweet chips, and I eat the 70% chocolate plain. I love those Lindt bars (think thats what they are called) that are 70% cocoa, that is something I could always have.

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    LOL... it uses both shortening and butter

AND sweetened condensed coconut milk. ROTFL

Its fattening and no you cannot have the recipe. You will just have to come visit when I make em, or maybe one day Ill make it to a gathering and bring em.

6. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    wow, man that is one recipe there! maybe one day when I come to a gathering (who knows when) I will be sure you make them.:big_smile:

7. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here's one of my 40-in-1 trays. This was baked a few days before my second batch. They look all puffy, because they're fresh out of the oven.
    40_in_1.jpg

--

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey hey hey you all making me hungery you are both invited to all Ga gatherings just bring on the cookies choclate chips are my down fall

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    jon
    i admire you for your gift and desire to bake.
    i love cookies and pies and often think about trying to bake them /make them myself, but i havent yet .
    i think i might try soon though.
    my wife is a very good cook and she bakes several types of cookies each december for family coworkers and friends.
    she has even sold them to coworkers who give them to their family as gifts.
    her main arsenal is :
    pecan tassies , sandies , snicker doodles , sugar cookies , and chocalate chip.

the sugar cookies are the hardest in her opinion and they are awesome.
    i lie to her and tell her their is something not quite right with a batch and
    that i will dispose of them :tounge_out: .

we do get all the chiped cracked or broken ones or a batch that might be a touch over baked (my favorite type).
    to me theres nothing better than a good cookies slightly browned around
    the edges till they are a little crispy MMMMMMMMMM goood eatin .

i forgot to mention my wife makes ALL of her baked goods from scratch .
    last year she was makeing our cookies and she cut her fingers to the bone opening a dang can that
    the lid got stuck . my kids and i helped finish what she had going and that was it we were shorted ours but had enough to give the grandparents...*sigh*

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My specialty is peanut/oatmeal cookies. I make them big and thick and take them hunting with me.

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I do about 80% of all the cooking at my house. This includes baking, grilling, smoking, and plain old cooking. The only meal the wife likes to make is breakfast and she is good at that one. My favorite to bake are fruit pies, any varity, with pinapple upside down cake filled with cream cheese icing being a close second.

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Men make the best chefs...........what do you call a woman chef........chefette?
    LMAO

13. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Paulette made the cookies this year. Several varieties of Christmas cookies.

I made 5 cheese cakes. Two plain and 3 with an Irish Cream flavor.

She takes 2 big roasting pans full of cookies into work for the folks there and I gave her a cheese cake to take in for her department party. I gave two others away and have two left in the freezer.

Yesterday one of our customers gave us two huge King Mackeral fillets. There called smoker kings, and that's what's happening today. King fish are getting smoked on the grill.

14. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i would call her SWEETIE:smile2: