40+ channel catfish caught in Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Jun 1, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what a time, went to salaimonie late tuesday night. started out slow with a few small channels, then hooked a nice blue 15lb or so and released. from dawn until i loaded the boat up at 11:30am, it was on. channel after channel, most of then in the 2 - 6 pound range, a few bigger. live nightcrawlers and minnows on the bottom, the minnows did better for some reason, i'd hook 3 to 4 on my hook. put 10 on a stringer, my limit, good eater size to take home for kids to eat. cooked them today, the plate didnt last long. i released 30 or so channels, it was a blast. only thing i wished my kids could have been there on this fishing trip.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Glad to see you had a good such good fishing! Those are perfect for eating!

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Bigcatdaddy nice catch, sure sounds like a fun time.
    Baitfish I haven't fished summit for a few years. I used to do good towards the dam. fished the weed line for big perch and gills. goodluck,
    lenny

4. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i fished there one year a few times with a friend who fished it alot. we landed some nice cats. one thing he swore bye, is shrimp for cat bait at simmit lake. that was 4 year ago or so, i need to hit it again this summer. good luck.

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Looks like ya had a good night! Speaking about Mt. Summit....I made myself a promise to fish there more this year (than I have in the past). It's roughly the same distance from here to Summit or Westwood (about 30-40 minutes), but since I've developed more of an interest in catfishin', I'm sure I'll be spending a few nights on the water there soon.

Smitty

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I had a night like that about ten years ago. 40 channels some white bass and crappie. That's what got me hooked on Catfishing.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    man you had me goin. i was thinkin you had caught a 40+# channel cat. lmao good goin on what you did get bro.

8. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    Congrats on a very productive and fun trip you had!

9. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice mess of cats, looks like you had a fun day.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh:
    "Good Job" - "Way to go Scott"!
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

11. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Looks like you had a good time. Yea kids along always make it more fun sure wish I had little ones again. hmm well ok once in a while LOL.