4 wheelers and is it worth it

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by uttatoo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    all day today on the scanner they have chased up to 10 people on 3 or 4 wheelers and only cought 3

they are tresspassing by driving on the dykes around great bend ks what do you folks think about this
    do you guys have the same problem where you live

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    im guilty of it one time gus. :embarassed:

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    me personaly i dont care what they do but just think its funny cops and sherrif's chasing kids all over the place instead of doing what there suppossed to do on the streets

4. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    yes gus i have the same issue here they have a specific place where they are allowed to ride them by this old sand pit south west of town but alot of people dont obey the law there are people for instance my spot on the ark there are tracks where they have been riding all over the place one day when i was fishing there a few guys went down the bank and crossed the river right where i was fishing..:angry:..i was so pissed when they came back around i was tryin to snag them on the back of the shirt with my rod.:smile2::eek:oooh:..it just pisses me off that they did not have any respect for anyone that was there what can we do about it because by the time you call someone they are gone like that...i should find some where to get some spike strips and set some traps for them a**hol*s..:big_smile::wink:

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    funny you should say that today they set out strips

6. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    i dont have a prob with 4 wheelers its just the ones who ride them where they should not be and having no respect for the fisherman(me)...or better yet some land mines..:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:..

7. just a redneck

just a redneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i think kids will be kids i had a dirtbike and i was the same way when i was younger, just dumb, but part of it there really does need to be more public trails to go to. thats what i think anyway

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i dont have much trouble out of the ones riding in the summer.most of the places i fish are to deep or to swirt for 4 whellers to mess with.what burns my butt is the ones that hunt off them.this year i walked in bout a 1/2 mile to my stand and 30 min.after daybrake a guy came by with his gun laying cross his lap.i was hunting in a wilderness area which is walk in only.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not sure if it is that big of a problem, however I am sure there is some illegal use.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Sometimes its hard to not lump big bass boats and four wheelers into the same group but its the riders doing it, not the machine. If I had a 4 wheeler Id probably gain 20 pounds.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    No problem at our farm. We have one and all the neighbors have ATV's but they're all adults. :big_smile:

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Couple of kids cut some fence and got onto MDC property the other day. Were riding all over the area. Game warden caught up with them. They had cut the fence between their property and the MDC land. LOL New 4 wheelers. They begged the agent not to tell their parents. Cource he did. Haven't seen the 4 wheelers since. LOL
    Also had them cut the fence at the farm to get on property to hunt. I don't mind the 4 wheelers, just some of the idiots on them.

13. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I have problems with people riding on my farm from time to time. The should respect the LAWS and peoples property as all laws are put into place to be followed weather you agree with them or not. I have 4 wheelers and stay on my own place. It is not the machine just the idiot on them. They should obey the law or pay the price as with any law. This is just my opinion.

Tom

14. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Been there, done that. Didn't tear anything up, though.

15. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I understand that for the most part it is just kids being kids but they are annoying. They are worse than a fly or knat buzzin around your ear. They sound the same, just alot louder.:smile2: The problem that they have with them is that they ruin the integrity of the dykes or levees that protect the town from high flood waters. Wichita has the same problem with the levees and the 4 wheelers. They have really damaged the dykes and the city has spent God knows how much fixing them. I would be all for giving them a couple hundred acres out in the middle of no where and lettin them have at it. Probably wont happen ,but it would be nice. I bet the Great Bend cops have a blast chasin them down though. I keep picturin Dukes of Hazard.:smile2:

16. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    kyle speaks from experience he got to see what the 4wheeler do while fishing with me and watching the cops hunt them down in the dark

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    giving them land dont help.here where i live we got a 4 wheeler trail on national forrest and you can ride for 2 days and not see the same place twice.they still went out to the lake ,where we get our water for the city, and tore up the dam so bad the city closed all the roads going in to the river below the dam.dont stop the 4 wheelers but now i got to walk a 1/2 mile to get to my fishing spot.

18. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Okay, create a 4 wheelin licenses and make people take an ethics and saftey class before they can obtain one.:wink::smile2: There is no stopping them and I was just dreamin about them all being at one place. I cant stand them. Besides its very dangerous. Wichita has had a buch of kids die over the last 5 years due to the 4 wheeler landing on them or wrecking it.

19. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas

im the duke of hazzard in my pickup truck kyle...well maybe i should say the duke of barton...that little trucks a beast lol

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i think people gettin killed doin stupid stuff is good. gets rid of another stupid person and hopefully before they can reproduce :big_smile:. its nature's way of trimmin the fat. i think it needs to happen on a larger scale though. i know me & mine will be just fine.