4 NOV 07 Skipjack

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jazper, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    I'm going back to KY dam Sunday about 1030am until ??. Im going to catch skipjack, anyone else going to come in on the fun. They were biting last sunday and I am hoping they are again. Going to stock up for the winter.

2. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I would come if I knew where KY dam is and it's not too far away. I've never fished for skipjack, how do you go about it?

3. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Brando try down at the Falls of the Ohio with a Sabiki rig.

4. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    KY dam is in western KY on Kentucky lake. It's a good haul for you.

5. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    fished ky dam for some skips since i had to go pick my son up from school. we caught a few so it wasn't wasted trip. Those steps are killer 115 in all.

6. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Well, yes the steps are not nice :)..

But, how I fish for them, I look for the shad running or the birds. If they are there then you should be able to catch them. Last sunday I filled up in less than 2 hours.

What do I use, well Last time was 2 yellow jigs with a green on top, sporting a floater about afoot above that. That was it. I was getting two at a time ranging from small to almost 2 pounds.

Great winter bait :). Ill be in a Red 07 F150 if you feel like coming down. I'll have at least one 11 year old boy with me if not two. Plan on being there bout 1030 am to 11 am till probably bout 2 or 3 pm.

7. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Just an update, Got about a half of a 5 gal bucket full. Water was up alot. They were also running a different gate that usually. But, still was able to get some. Had alot of fun so it was nice. Oh on a sidenote there was a gentleman there fishing catching small channel cats and blues. It was part of my entertainment watching him pull one in bout every ten minutes.