4 Jan Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by ohio hilljack, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    101_4267.jpg

101_4269.jpg

101_4268.jpg
    I will now try again . I have been decidely late posting this through my own stupidity. After typing it out several times and trying to add the pics then having it myseriously dissapear I'll see if it works this time.I hope so because my head is getting really sore from pounding on this desk. Went fishing at the Ohio down at Ripley on Sunday. Got there just in time ,Travis and Chris already had the ramp cleaned off,THANK YOU VERY MUCH, and it looked to have been quite a job. The river was quite calm compared with recent trips but it seems no more forth coming with its inhabitants. Caught only these three and only then through the good fortune of the barges moving coal by the power plant. They were in about twenty five feet of water right next to a mud bank when I marked them. Got no bites for the first half hour. When the barges at the power plant started moving in the coal caught these in forty minutes.Left and went up the river with no luck returned later with Travis and Chris but got no good runs the second time. The only reason I can think of is because the barge wakes were washing up on the mud bank and washing back in. May be far fetched I don't know for sure and have no other incidents to compare it with but it does seem plausable. The one little blue is interesting. If you look close you can see where it has been swallowed up to its head. Great to meet up with my BOC brothers for a day of fishing even if we didn't get much

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I am glad you atleast didnt get skunked like we did, LOL, it was good to see you again bud, one of these days hopefully we will run into each other when everyone is exhausted from hauling in big blues!:smile2::roll_eyes:

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches!!

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the fish Willie. Now, you know what time to show up so them guys will always have the ramp ready for ya:smile2::wink: rollo

5. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey that picture is actually pretty cool and makes me think of the video I got for christmas 2 yeas back called "drifting for blues" The end of the video it showed an approx 30lb blue in an approx. 65lb blues mouth. The guide bill patterson said this happens a lot. The fish will get very aggressive about territory and the bigger blue will actually get the smaller blues head in its mouth and try to kill it. The fish were so exhausted they didnt evan run from the boat. They were right on top of the water fins stickin prolly 3 inches out of the water and the smaller blues head was completely inserted in the bigger blues mouth. he saids thats why sometimes you will catch a blue with the skin sanded off the peak of the skull like that. Cause it was ground off by a bigger un.

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish,least ya didn't get skunked.

a lake we used to camp at a guy caught an 11 pound flat that had marks from the dorsal and side fins to the end of its tail where a big flat tried to inhale em,was pretty interesting stuff