#4 is back , once again.

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, he is on his way to Minnesota on the Vikes private plane to have his phisical.

I hate this whishy washy attitude of his, and the fact that twice the Bears will have to play them.:angry:

2. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I don't even know why he would tell them he is retiring and then come back a couple weeks later. He needs to retire. I don't know why the vikings would even want him. Oh well, my pats are going to take it this year. :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:GO PATS!!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    yep, that is what I am talking about. Just selfish on his part.

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
  5. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    It's Brett Favre guys. One of the all time greats. I think he can do whatever the heck he wants. He may look stupid every off-season, but that's on him. If you're as great as Favre somebody will sign you. Looks like the Niners will get a crack at him in week 3, in Minnesota. Can't wait to smash him and the Vikes dreams(payback for the playoff losses to him in Green Bay), even though they got my boy Berrian from Fresno St.

6. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'm pretty sure Brett doesn't care what "joe blow" fan thinks about his decision, and he shouldn't. If he wants to play football until he's 70 and a team wants to sign him, then that's what he should do. I really don't see why people would have a problem with that. Who's gonna turn down $25m for 2 yrs?

7. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    you are right, he doesn't care and I don't blame him for not turning down the $$$.
    I do think that he could go about it a different way in doing so, simply because,

1. the joe blows are the ones buying jerseys, stadium seats, beer, nachos & hot dogs at the games.

2. he retaires every year, only to come back later on. We all talk about how big of primma donnas some pros are, and give hell to a few of them, like Kobe, Berry Bonds, T.O. and so on. IMO Favre is as big a primma donna as any of them, if not the biggest. He is like "I don't want to be there for training camp", and puff wish granted. A 40 year old guy who doesn't know what he wants to do in his life? come on, spare me the drama. Jerry Rice, Joe Montana moved around in his last years, but there was no drama.

3. If he still wants to play, then do so with out all the drama, football entretainment factor should be on the field. He goes back on his own words so much it is ridiculous, I had a girlfriend like that when I was 13.

4. He seems to start a rumor and then sit back and watch the drama unfold, like when he said, "I could be enticed to come back", or having people close to him come out and make a statement about what he is doing to keep in shape.

Has any other player in any sport played with media and Joe Blow fans like he has? I don't recall.

but you are completly right, if he or anyone wants to keep playing until their bodies allow them to and make $$ in the process I am all for it, but I watch General Hospital for my daily fill of drama.:smile2:

8. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    ok enough is enough the nfl needs to make it where if you retire you are reitredand this stuff with brett farve dam does the nfl have enough drama with crabtree been a baby bout how much he is making and the vick stuff but anywas was never a farve fan anyways :smile2::smile2::smile2: he even chocked last yr in playoffs so who care just a old fart trying to make buck

9. 89Ricky89

89Ricky89 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Favre just wanted to make sure that he could actually play, without pain and at 100 percent. The Viking's are now a greatly improved team with him. Go 49ers!!! :big_smile:

10. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    What has Brett done that effects your life personally? Maybe you watch too many shows like General Hospital. You and a lot of others seem to take Brett's actions personally. He says he's retiring, he's not retiring, who cares, it's his decision. It's just football, if he wants to keep playing then good for him. It's obvious a lot of you guys must know what it's like to be a starting NFL qb, I don't, but it seems it's something Brett is finding hard to give up. If his decisions are making "joe blow" fan cry at night, then they need to get a life.

11. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    wow, I guess you told me.:crazy:

His decisions are not affecting my life, I am expressing an oppinion on how I see things, just like you are, and the same way we all talk about all other topics you find in this forum. (this is a public forum, it is meant for that kind of exchange).
    We all have players or teams we like, some we don't, I seem to remember you don't particulary care for the Cowboys, what have they done to you personally?, it is only football, remember?:wink:
    In everything in life we all have a tendency to take sides, we have our favorite teams, players, music, politicians, etc, etc. a lot of us choose not to enjoy the drama Favre has created the last few years and I think that is ok, you choose to embraze it or agree and it is ok too.
    Tell you what, if you want to know how many joe blows dislike his attitude now, start a poll, see how many jow blows are crying.

I do get to watch GH once in a while with my wife, it is entretaining and they have some hotties there.:smile2:

12. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    but what you need to remember is that the media makes it more than it really is!! he is still better than haf of the qbs in the league, if not no one would sign him!! imo he has done enough for the fans and league that he can retire every year for the next 28 years and play for the other 28 teams he hasnt played for and thats his choice!! LOL i think he really wanted to retire but i think the vikings after training camp and a preseason game pressured him to join them seeing as their qb play is their big problem!!! derrick mason retired for two weeks--- why arent people talking about that???? two weeks!! LOL i love mason as he was a good WR for my titans !! i know regular people who retire from the military then they retire from their other job then they fin a job to kinda play with in their old age- that is no different han what hes doing!! i dont blame him one bit and am not so sensitive to let it bother me what he or any pro does!! not bashing you just expressing my views on favre!! he does hold almost if not every passing record ,,,YES even ints

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    you are right, the man has talent, no doubt about that.

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Just like how Michael Vick will make the Eagle's offense better, Brett Farve will make the Viking's offense more potent.

Sage Rosenfels and Tavaris Jackson was not the answer.:cool2:

15. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It should be nobodys buisness but Favre and the Vikings. I don't blame either one, Favre still has game, and the Vikings are now a serious super bowl contender. Whats so wrong about that?

16. peechykeen10

peechykeen10 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Signing Favre could blow up in their faces. How would you like it if everyone was forming a bond and work relationship with a qb and another QB that they have no history and don't even know the guy personally,hops in right before the season starts. Yea it's Brett Favre, but still! He's currently a middle of the pack QB. They want somebody who is going to manage the game and throw short/mid throws since they have AP. You know favre is going to take lots of risks when he doesn't need to, and that could cost them.

I bet there's lots of trust issues in the locker room in Minnesota. Childress lied to his team multiple times. He better make this work with favre this year or he is going to be gone and fired. They've spent so much money, they hardly have any cap for next year.

17. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Favre is better than any QB they had. As far as Childress, I don't like him anyway, and I am a lifelong Viking fan of over 40 years

18. peechykeen10

peechykeen10 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Favre WAS a better QB than sage or TJack. He's overrated for what teams are paying him and allowing him to do. If he's going to play for the team that's cool, but be there in the offseason.

It's good overall for football because he's putting up TV ratings because he's popular and Brett Favre. TJack improved the running game because on stretch runs the weakside linebacker and end had to not cheat on AP incase it was a PA bootleg to respect TJack's speed. You know what to expect from Favre tho, he's not mobile..old...and going to make risky throws...Minnesota has too strong of a depth chart for Favre to put their team in risk

19. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i would sign the guy to a 6 year deal worth a million a year and just let him coach the new guys. yeah he is old but he is still an asset. i wouldnt let him on the field though.

20. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    He should be allowed to do what he wants for sure but he has no doubt taken alot of the luster away from his wonderful time spent in the nfl.I feel when no one will sign him they will find him dead in a motel six or something.I don't think he can live without football.Hopefully I am wrong...