4 Fattie Flathead Catfish Over 30 In 11 Days..

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Catfishin_Farm_Boy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    This was a few weeks ago... Didnt mean to wait so long to post...

Me and Josh hit up the Neuse..

It was a friday night on the river... Trip started out rough.. Got in a big rush and forgot purdy much everything but 9 live baits and fishin poles..

Forgot the lights, all the tackle, cut bait, camera etc... Good thing josh has a camera phone... Even though it died so we couldnt get pics of josh's fish

It was a purdy good night fishin though...

I caught another fattie flattie over 30 pounds... another flattie around 5 pounds.... Josh caught a flattie around 15 pounds and a channel around 5..
    I also caught a Gar..

All 3 of the flatties were caught on live bluegills... Channel was on cut bluegill

Go to leave in the morning and the vehicle battery was dead... 4 hours later someone finally gave us a jump.. LOL

All the fish made up alot for all the bad luck lmao..

So that made 4 Flatheads over 30 pounds in 11 days for me... What a streak !!! It was definitly a blast catchin that many so close together.. Definitly something to remember forever..

Attached Files:

2. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    congrats guys that was one heck of a streak! Next time take your time and the fish will still be there.

3. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    way to go erik.......where are you guys putting in on the neuse..........?

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    When you're holding those fish they don't look like 30lbers but then I remember you're HUGE and it makes sense:smile2: Those fish would look huge if a little guy like me had ahold of them but you make 'em look like tadpoles:smile2::smile2::wink:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Erik thanks for sharing and Congrats on your string of catfish. WTG.

6. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats fellas , Ya'll are tareing them up !!! Keep it up ... :big_smile::wink::smile2:

7. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Nice fish and great streak for you Erik! Keep us updated thanks for the report and the pics!

8. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    WTG congratulations, can you send some of that luck my way I am in a slump just a few small fish lately. I want to hook a big one to keep my spirit up. I must admit I do fish more and harder lately just to prove to myself I can catch one. Hope you keep up the good luck, sorry I mean great skills. Hope to fish the Neuse soon I have never fished it and the way you guys are slaying them :big_smile: tells me I am missing out on alot of fun.

9. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    heck Eric you just keep taking pics of the same fish, in diff location, an times :wink::smile2:

10. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    :smile2: not dickie..........lol............eric.......you wouoldnt do that would you!:smile2:

11. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Heck he knows i'm kidding ,HE'S TO DANG BIG, TO HAVE HIM MAD AT ME :wink::smile2:

12. hardydk1

hardydk1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I was planning on heading down to the neuse in a few days, which boat ramp do you go to? I am not too familiar with the neuse, so it would be nice to know which ramp I should use.