4 Days on the Congaree!!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by mudfishmusic, May 21, 2009.

1. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Gonna spend the next four days lounging around on the Congaree. Picking up groceries tonight; gas, ice, and bait in the morning; and then it's no more civilization til Monday night. I can't say how much time will actually be spent fishing but I do know how much time will be spent just taking advantage of the opportunity to spend time with family and friends surrounded by good ole mother nature.

Any last minute fishing reports or new tricks to suggest?

We'll be frying fish somewhere above the Bates Bridge Landing (hwy601) Saturday night. You all are welcome to come hang out.:big_smile:

2. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We'll be about 4 or 5 miles up stream on a sandbar on the left bank (St. Matthews side). A lot of folks call it 'Turkey Track' if you're familiar with the area.

3. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey man we enjoyed having you guys hang with us. I hate that I wasn't around when ya'll took off. I think you left a cast net. It's in my boat.

Here's the rest of the story....

We finally got down to some more serious fishing for a few hours Sunday night. Bait had been hard to come by so I ran down to Santee and filled the tank back up with shad. We split up into 2 boats w/ 3 people in each boat and left the ladies in camp with a couple of rods off the sand bar. We fished deep holes, sand bars, and log jams. I think we ended up with 15 catfish and a big striper betwean the lot of us. All were caught on cut shad.

My wife ended up catching the 2 biggest from the sandbar as usual. A flat head and a blue that I'm guessing were both in the mid 20's. Mike (the Lake Murray striper guy :wink:) never did catch his giant catfish but he ended up with the big striper and some catfish that were as big as any he had ever caught before.

I'll put up some pics later......just to try and verify the fishing stories.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report, Lawerence! Sounds like a great time had by all.

Bill in SC

5. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks man. I enjoyed meeting ya'll. I told you it was a pretty easy crew to get along with.

Here's a few pic's from the weekend.

Attached Files: