4 days on new job

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Mar 1, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    well iv been at it 4 days now this job seems great as for now maybe early to tell though had 3 quit today said they were tired of not doing anything worth while , standing around with a shovel while the dozer pushed the dirt or mud as the case was today . 1 was fired for being late 3 days in a row 1 went home cause his feet got wet . i worked in the rain all day no rain suit like the rest had (the tool room was out of them) i was wet from shoulders down to my feet cold and wet but still managed to pull my 9 hour day started out the day in the pit (rebar under me and over me ) picking up trash and scrap wire before they poor 1200 yards of concrete tomarrow the pit is a hole 100'x100' by 6' to 8' deep that will receive concrete starting at 5:30 am tomarrow rain snow or shine . then me and another guy moved 4 desks from the warehouse to one of the offices , then pulled and rolled up the concrete pads and stacked them off to the side to be put on tomarrows pour and covered the area with plastic and finally finished out the day cleaning and organizing the tool crib oh and swept and mopped the floors in the lunch trailer . it was wet and nasty but we still got in a full days work , tomarrow im sure will be worse :lol: but i say bring it on

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Are ya sore, Charles..? sounds like you had a pretty good workout today...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    On anniversaries, the wise husband always forgets the past
    but never the present.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Keep on, keepin on brother. I hope that the job proves to be one that is worth your while. Take care of yourself.

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i gotta admitt iv worked harder for my self but the safety issue at this job is number one theyve gone over 1200 man hours without an accedent they strive for a perfectly safe work zone , when in doubt of the best way to do something set down and think it through figure the way to do it without an insadence

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for the Update Charles Sounds like you have been busy:smile2:

6. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    You're definitely putting in a full day's work. If you're going to be working in the rain without a rain suit, I would advise wearing wool clothes; they'll keep you warm even when they're wet.

I hope the job works out for you.

-- Rich

7. Tala

Tala Guest

It will take a while for you to get adjusted to your new job. Won't be so bad, once you do. Hang in there! and if I were you...I'd invest in a rainsuit. Youhad to be miserable, being wet and cold all day.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats Bro,Keep up the good work!!!

9. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Charles,
    Kinda sounds like me when I got out of High School I went to work as a labor we had to work rain or shine if we wanted to get a paycheck.I got real good with the shovel and sledge hammer.
    When the job ran out I said the heck with this and joined the Army...They did give me a poncho for the rain:roll_eyes: :big_smile:
    Good luck!

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck with the new job brother.

11. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Just keep thinking safe and about all the new gear you can get....
    :smile2:

12. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You've got alot to be proud of, Charles! Folks' satisfaction with their jobs can be based on all sorts of stuff, but sometimes when it seems to take everything we've got just to "be there", it sure helps to remember why we're there in the first place :smile2: Yer doin great!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

13. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    It sounds like you've found a great opportunity, Chuck! You show 'em what your made of and you'll move up in no time. Good help is very hard to find. I've been working a lot myself. I've got an extra rain suit, brother. Give me a call.

14. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Betcha slept well!

Dennis

15. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    good luck on your job keep a positive attitude no matter what. god planned for us to work by the sweat of our brow so work as hard as you can for him and let him shine through you no matter how hard it gets if you believe in him he can get you through anything

16. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

Be careful Chuck! That sounds good but 1200 hours= 30 men working a 40 hour work week. or one man working 40 hours for 30 weeks (4 months) so keep being safe!

17. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    that was a miss print supposed to been 120,000 with out a lost time accident . i was at work at 7:30am today and worked all day till 9pm tonight :lol: work ? i started the day washing out 10 water coolers and refilling them then picked up and emptyed trash . they poured concrete from 5:30 am till 5 pm 1200 yards trucks ran all day , at 1pm i took over directing trafic did that till 5:30 then put a few blankets over the concrete that was hard enough to walk on everyone went home at 6:30 but the bosses asked me to stick around and help finish up we were waiting on the concrete to cure enough to finish and i volenteered to be the new water boy :lol: was told i would be the new water forman and have a guy or two working under me as the year progresses 1200 people working before summer gets here over 200 water coolers to be filled possibly twice a day and a vehicle to drive that should keep me bussy dont you think ? i came home and mabel said i was a brown noser :lol: i dont care least il have a very important job for the next 3 years , the way i see it if they didnt like me or the way i work they wouldnt have asked me to work late they would have chosen some one else , im going in again tomarrow for 8 hours that will give me a total of 57 hours this week :lol: my first week

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Charles! Keep up the good work! Your work ethic will be noticed and you will be rewarded!:smile2:

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Man if I had a biz I would hire you in a split second! Keep it up and you will be a boss in know time!
    Bill

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    What did I tell you. Already 57 hours a week.

Bro better find him another fishing pardner:lol: