4-25-09 Lake Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big_cat_hunter, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    I took 2 of my daughters with me to try to put them on some nice cats to fight. The weather was perfect and I was able to catch enough fresh bait to fish with and put some in the freezer for later. We started fishing at 7:15 and didn't get a bite until 9:00 when the fog finally lifted. We were fishing in 3-8 feet of water around trees. Caught two decent channels (7 & 9 lbs) before we went to a spot I hadn't fished since last year. I put 6 rods out and sat for 20 minutes. We were about to give up on that spot when, WHAM! 20# blue on! Got that one in and, WHAM! another 20# blue on! The girls were so excited and I was having a blast watching them fight those fish. Two minutes later, WHAM! 18# blue on! Had two more hit hard and got off, then WHAM! another blue to the boat, but the leader broke at the hook just as my youngest said 'Dad get the net!' I guessed it to be around 15# and she was upset that her 'big one' got away. Well, we moved to try one last spot before heading home and WHAM! 22# blue on and baby girl had her hands full! She was wore out by the time she got it to the boat, but she was all smiles! What a great trip with the kids. They can't wait to go again. All fish were caught on fresh cut shad.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the report! Your daughters will remember that day for a long time. Good job.

3. Lucky Man!!:smile2: Nothing beats reeling in a nice catfish except watching
    your kids do it! Nice job

4. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Way to go Brian, glad to hear kids had such a good time. By the way what was the gps on that hole?? Don't want to get too specific.

5. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Great Report Brian, Love to hear about those kid's and big fish. Hope that gets them Hooked for Life for BIG CATS! Of course it make a dad farly proud too!:smile2:

6. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Thanks, everyone. They can't wait to get back down and do it again.:wink: Next time I hope I can get their mom in on the action, too. I need to try to make some reservations at the State Park so we can make a weekend of it. It's a lot easier on them not to have to get up at 3:30 in the morning to get down there and catch bait by daylight. Good cattin' to all!

7. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Great post! Nothing beats spending the day on the water with the kids and, there is definantly nothing better than watching them grow into a sport that we have all grown to love.

Steve

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Awsome report Brian glad to see you got them on some good fish. I bet they were wore out.