4-16 sml - fished and caught some stripers

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by riverdawg-1, Apr 17, 2009.

1. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    hit the lake this evening and got a 32 and 34 inch stripers. one on a shad rap and the other on a swamp monkey. didn't have any scales with me, but i'm pretty sure the 34 incher is a new pb, for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. also got a few small channels after dark.
    chip

[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

2. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Nice! a 34"incher is roughly 14-15lbs, nice catch!! a 'lil slow for me, I got a few off baits around the 10-12lb range.. Had alot of action though, swirling and crashing on baits, just wouldnt take it... Casted the swamp monkey, and had 6 or 7 short strike it. just pulled the fluke trailer down the hook...

3. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    went out again last night. the alewives were on the bank all night, caught 4 stripers 18-32 inches on topwater using a thunderstick.
    chip

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Chip this is you you and anyone else that fishes by himself. Do a search on Ebay for camera tripod. You will see loads. The one I use has short three short 6 inch flexible legs that you can attach to the boat steering wheel, windshield, wherever you want. Its yellow and black in color. They cost $6. If you have a self timer on your camera, (mine does and easy as heck to use), you can take pictures of you with your fish. You are way to pretty to not be holding up your trophies. Ha ha. Seriously, I friend that posts alot and like me fishes by himself alot, gave me that advice a couple of years ago. I finally got around to trying it last winter. The first time I took the tripod with me, I got the fish in my avitar 63 pounds. Talk about a good luck charm. I bought a second one and keep it in my hunting backpack. Same reason, I deer hunt by myself all the time and like to take pictures of me with my deer where they fell. Good luck and thanks for all your posts. I grew up in Lynchburg and miss fishing the waters up that way.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Ken has an excellent suggestion. You can also check out this thread, too: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103523.

I purchased a RAM camera mount that permanently mounts to my kayak. I seriously considered the tripod concept, but I didn't want to risk dunking my camera with a fish in hand! This RAM mount is built to last forever, and keeps the camera fixed and ready to go whenever I need it.