4 10/11 on Big Pee Dee - Many catfish caught

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, we were anxious to start the weekend off fishin', so we decided to go to the river Thursday night instead of Friday. Got to the river around midnight. Fishin' was great and we caught nine fish, though no monsters. I think our largest two were 12.5# and the smallest was 7#. A dead phone battery AND a dead electronics battery helped us decide to go home for the night Friday, and return to the river Saturday. I'm glad we did as we had some pretty severe weather Friday night. We returned to the river today and caught 3 more with the largest at 17#. We caught 9 blues, 2 channels, and one flattie during the two days, and I slept A LOT!!!!! Water temp was 60/61 degrees, and most fish were caught on fresh cut river herring. The bite is ON folks, so now is the time to get on the river for lots of action. The boat slept like a dream on the Coleman blow up mattress. I am very pleased with the new canopy on it, and the new tarp can be rolled down to close the sides in completely. David Young called and said he wanted to meet us at the river today. We guided him down the river to a good point to start fishin', and Chris and I went down another mile or two. When we came back up river after an hour or two, David and crew had left. I hope he didn't have any emergencies as I did not get a call from him, and I can't imagine them driving from Columbia to only spend a couple of hours on the water. He hasn't answed his phone either. David, call me if you read this post. Here are a few pics from this weekend. We may hit it again after church tomorrow.
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey Bill,
    the boat is starting to look like a holiday inn! Nice job!

3. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like a good time on the water Bill. Glad yall came in and didn't get into any of those storms. New cover on the boat looks awesome to.....

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Bill. Glad the boat cover is working out for you, but also happy that you guys didn't have to stay out in the weather Friday night.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Awesome Bill! boat looks cool! Happy Easter to you ... and to all you SC guys!

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    As usual, it looks like you all are tearing 'em up out there...your year is off to a great start huh?:wink: You hooking any big flatties yet?

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Caught two last week, and one this week, Dameon. No size yet though.

BB in SC

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great time. The boat looks great, makes me kind of jealous!

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Boat top looks good. Is that the one you started on recently?

Wasn't sure.....thought you were doing a hard top, fully enclosed or is this the same project? Regardless......looks great!

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great job Bill. I hope to get on the river 1 day next week if I can ever get out of the lake. For some reason my truck always goes straight instead of left.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Must have had a lot of water up the road as thr river has gone much too high to fish. Hopefully it will recede soon so we can get back at it.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwisweb/data/img/USGS.02130561.01.00065.2009.20090405.20090412.0.0..gif

Yes, Darryl, this is just a temporary covering until I can decide with what, and how to enclose it. Probably go with a metal top on the flat top part, with insulation under it. Then maybe some plexiglass sections that fold up on the next level. Again, it is an ongoing project, and this is just the beginning until I can decide how to proceed.

Bill in SC

12. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    What was the name of the website that U were telling me about?
    PEEDEE CAT

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
  14. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I was up at the Falls yesterday trying to catch some shad and they had the water rolling. Progress Energy has had it rolling for about 3 weeks now. The shad are not behind the dam like they should be yet.
    PEEDEE CAT

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sorry to hear about your mom, but glad you posted to let us know what was going on. I have a standing invitation to anyone who wants to fish the Big Pee Dee, and look forward to your return.
    Bill in SC

16. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Glad you had a good trip Bill. I like the canopy too!

17. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Bill you gonna have to pay tax on that there rig if it gets any nicer!!:smile2:
    Glad ya'll are catchin em!!!

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Bill, YOU ARE EAT UP!!! :eek:oooh::crazy::tounge_out::smile2:

Nice to see someone as engulfed with catfish as I am! :smile2:

What's up with that cover on your boat?? You serving Budweiser with little umbrellas in them now????? :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:

19. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Bill thats my kind of boat, you have done an awesome job on your boat no more rain or the hot sun. An thanks for sharing the info about your fishing trip.:cool2::smile2: