4 1/2 weeks until Milford

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by n2fishn, May 6, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Is anybody out there as ready as I am?

I'm already digging out camping gear,and buying more tackle & gear for the boat."More than the wife would like to see.

Hope the weather is 80-85 degrees with 5-10 mph south winds for the whole trip.:cool2:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    And no rain. That would be a perfect weekend. :big_smile:

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Keith hope to meet you at Milford are you planning on coming?

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    if i gotta go get Keith he's goin !!

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    If you need some help just let me know.I will bring the rope..

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I cant wait. Time is really flying. Not too long ago it seemed like a long ways away.Hopefully everything goes according to plan. Osage was a great time but the winds were a little aggrivating. Either way I wont miss it.Lookin forward to seeing everybody again and meetin those who didint make it to Osage.

7. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I can't wait either, hopefully the forecast includes a whole mess of blues too. It'll be great to BS & fish with everyone again.

8. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'm ready. Milford is a great dip-bait lake!

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jerald and I have resolved to limit our "Catch and Keep" limit to a minimum, so there'll be at least one fish for the "YEPPA" to catch. We've got him/here corraled off the shore by Area B. So don't mess with it. I've heard there's supposed to be a "Cold Front" moving in that weekend, and we're saving that Cat for "HIM":smile2:

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah Tom Ill be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :smile2:

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Good deal Keith,Cant wait to BS with you and maybe catch a few cats.

Yeppa good luck on that cat in area B.
    Jim & Jerald are some good guys to do that for you...:big_smile:

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I hope to be able to make it...............may have to crash somebody's camp site to put my tent up. What am I thinking........I'll camp in Jim's front yard and get his lovely bride to help me with dinner:big_smile:. When is this thing anyway, I'm betting I have a baseball tournament, boyscout campout, or call duty at work. If I miss all of those I'll talk Caleb into celebrating "beer appreciation weekend" with me.........your invited whiskers, sorry, I meant Jim:tounge_out:

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Charlie it's June 6th-7th-8th at Curtis creek on Milford lake.
    Hope you can make it...

14. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Charlie, as I started reading your post, I was going to invite you to stay in the "Cathouse", but then you invited yourself to the yard:smile2:. Heck, if you promise to take a bath before you come, you can "campout" in the back patio!:smile2: It'd be great to see and Catfish with you again Charlie, (oh yeah, just made a fresh batch of smoked Catfish:eek:oooh:):smile2:

15. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Tom--You are absolutly correct, Jim and Jerold are good guys. True gentlemen of the old school!!Having said that, I must admit that I get plum skittish, when they start planning good deeds a month in advance!!

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    WHY do you have to say I'm from the OLDschool, hmmm, I ain't that damn old!!!!!:smile2: (Oh yeah it's JerAld):smile2:, He's pretty sensitive about how his name is spelled. AND, we would do absolutely do nothing to make you look: embarrassed, foolish, clumsy, disingenuous, awkward, left handed, portly, bowlegged, knock kneed, flatfooted or pigeon toed, you're really a very nice guy. You BETTER bring more of that "Dipbait" with you!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Charlie, from what I understand, we are allowed 3 tents on the electric sites. As of now, Ive got 3 scheduled. Chris and Kyle are on both sides of me. Im sure we can fit you in there somewhere. If not, someone should shout out , that has another spot open. Im not sure how many tents can be on a tent site. Jim, what do you think?

18. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    if im not mistaken Jim told me at osage that 3 tents could "piggyback" on an ele. site. i dont have a site either but i figger there will be an opening on a site and i'll have cash in hand to help w/ the cost of the site. if not i'll do like osage and sleep in the truck. im certainly no stranger to that

19. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I asked Ron, the "gate guard" just that question this morning. Legally, one camper and one tent, but as he said that, he kind of shrugged(?). To me, that indicated he didn't care, but the "corps cops" do patrol the campground on occasion. I didn't question him about the tent sites though, I'll find out tomorrow. He also said the size of the tent didn't matter, so if some one has an old "squad tent" or something as big, that'd take of quite a bunch of the single guy's.

20. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Now that hurts my feelings Jim!! I ain't left-handed!!