3rd Pole Permit

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Aug 31, 2005.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    How many people bought the third pole permit this season?
    How many people actually used there 3rd pole everytime?

2. Individualist

Individualist New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    I bought mine as soon as they came out. I fish the mo river primarily and that's already 3 pole water, so I guess I'm not using the permit there. I have fished a couple lakes and used it though.

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Bought one in the spring and use 3 poles 99% of the time.........figure I had to pay for the stupid SOB, I might as well use it. Doubt I give the state "bloodsuckers" my money next year..........but that's just me :rolleyes:

4. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    I'm getting to where I very seldom fish Kansas waters. Usually fish Northern Oklahoma lakes. I Don't even fish the Arkansas and I Live within 1 mile of it. To much polution in the fish for us to want to eat them. We

5. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I bought one, but have not used it but twice.
    My Son goes with me and so I give him my third pole so he will have 2.
    One of these days, I'm going to be able to buy me another penn and then I will use 3.

6. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I mainly fish the Missouri river and don't need the 3rd pole permit for there. But I do occassionally fish the local lakes for channels. The 3rd pole comes in handy for trying some dip bait or something different to see if the channels are hitting somethingelse or to mess around with a slip bobber rig.

7. hawkman

hawkman Member

State:
    Hiawatha,Ks
    I use it all the time

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I got one, and I use 3 poles most every time out. It lets me try a bigger variety of baits and presentations.

9. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I didn't get one and won't get one. Of course, I will use my legal seven poles in Oklahoma.

10. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    I bought one in spring . Moslty use 2 poles for cats and the 3rd to cacth more bait to pass the time waitng for cats to bite. you can never have too much bait. :)

11. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Bought it, don't regret it. 3 presentations or 3 locations, both have their merits. Shotgun affect is useful when I fish unfamiliar water. Only use 2 though when fishing with someone else in the boat.

12. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I use 2 poles in the daylight & 6 in the nite. Just kidden

13. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I ain't from Kansas, but I am from N.E. Oklahoma originally, so I follow some of yalls threads here occasionally. Hope you don't mind, lol. I have been in Phoenix for the past couple of years though and here you can use one pole, and a second one if you buy a $4.00 stamp. At first I cussed and complained, as I had never been restricted on the number of fishing poles I could use. Now, after having been able to use only 2 poles for the last coupld of years, I have come to realize it really ain't that bad and if we could buy another stamp for a third pole I would probably pass. My wife and 3 kids usually go fishing with me too though, so right there is 10 poles total which is more than enough to try and keep an eye on, let alone haul around, lol. I suppose if I was fishing alone, a third pole might be handy but even then, I don't know if I would use it.

14. Ohio Trophy Hunter

Ohio Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    we don't have the option here in ohio,only two rods.so i take my girlfriend(the huntress)who only likes to use one pole!i thoughtfully attend her other rod.
    Eric B

15. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Jeremy, It's funny how that works. Before this year, I would use 3 poles in MO and 2 in KS, and I didn't miss the 3rd pole all that much when fishing the KS side. Now if I use 2 poles I feel like I'm hurting my chances of catching a fish. In the grand scheme, I think I was just as happy using only 2 poles in KS when that was all I was allowed.

16. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have the 3rd rod permit , but I am just as likely to fish with one rod. If the fish are hitting one is enough , if not more don't seem to make any better fishing.

17. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Didn't get one this Year but I am planning getting one next year

18. Mr cat

Mr cat New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    I bought the permit when they came out. I also have been fishing mostly on the missouri river and always put out 3 poles, heck, I would put out more if they would let me. I also fish at wyandotte county lake quite a bit and use the third pole there too.

19. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I never bought a third pole permit but i wished i would have

20. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    They should just change it to 3 pole limit or 3 pole river limit. They up the price of licens every year anyway why charge more for another pole.