Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having some problems with my hemi, that are likely MDS related. Anyone had a similar problem or know how bad I'm gonna take it at the mechanic?

Started off I noticed a vibrating noise for a second or two as my engine would switch into MDS mode...like when cresting a hill on the highway. The way I understand it is that as there is less stress or need for power the engine switches to four cylinders.

This was annoying but only lasted a second or two and did not seem to effect anything else.

Well this continued for some time and ultimately my check engine light came on one time during this brief period of vibration. I stopped in the dealer who ran the code--he told me it was MDS-related. Reset the codes and light and sent me on my way. I had no further issues (lights or vibrations) for about a month then the vibrations started again at the same point...and now the light is back on.

So...whats up with my hemi? Is this gonna cost me a fortune?

Thanks for any help guys!

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Hey, Did you ever get this fixed?? I worked in a dodge dealer for years, and One very common, and the only problem we've ever encountered with m.d.s. is people using the wrong weight of oil. The oil weight is very critical. Use only 5-w-20...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.