3rd Annual Rend Lake, Illinois Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bwhupp, May 10, 2009.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    3rd Annual Rend Lake Gathering near Ina, Illinois!

What: This is the third annual Rend Lake Gathering located in Illinois! All are welcome to come.

When: During the Free Fishing Weekend in Illinois!Great time for you out of state folk to come and meet some Illinois gals and guys! Won't cost you a dime in licensing! June 13, 2009 from 10am-6pm with a Night Fishing!

Where: Same place as last year if you attended. It will be at Shelter #3 in Wayne Fitzgerrell State Park. We will be right off the water. So if you feel like throwing a line out or two, feel free! There will be signs helping mark the area.

Cost: Potluck dish! That's all that is requested! This is a potluck lupper (lunch/dinner) at around 3pm. We should have plenty of fish to fry up already. Contact alands and let him know what you plan on bringing or need suggestions. He is the Grubmaster for this event!

Flier: Here is a flier for you to print off as a reminder. Slap it on your fridge or hang it up as advertisement if you wish.
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/Fishing/Rend Lake 09/2009 Rend Lake Flier.JPG

Shirt:This year's shirt is $15 each if you plan on being there. Otherwise it is 18 for shipping the shirt to you. Deadline for all orders (money received) is ay 17. No exceptions!
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/Fishing/Rend Lake 09/REND-LAKE-PROOF.jpg

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    On a personal note. I will be camping in Wayne Fitzgerrel on Hickman's Point the Thursday before the gathering (June 11). Many of you saw me there last year when I had a big dutch oven meal! I plan on doing a big meal again on Friday night. If you are interested, please shoot me a PM or call my cell number. It is found on the flier! Would love to feed another army. :smile2:

Last year I had roast beef with fixing and a chicken slow cooked all day long. I bought 2 more dutch ovens to rack and stack them. If dutch oven cooking interests you, I recommend you coming to visit! My father will be doing the cooking and let me tell you, he knows how to cook outside! Make him cook inside on a kitchen stove, he could burn water. But give the man some charcoal and a dutch oven, you won't be let down. Cakes, cornbread, roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, whole chickens, you name it.

I will have a Rend Lake banner up at my site on Hickman's Point (USUALLY site #52 if memory serves me right) to help flag me down. Last year Garry Eads camped right next door to me. Have mercy! Would be great to have us all kind of close to one another. The offer is on the table! I know where I will be! Where will you be camping?

3. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    sounds like a blast, i have been getting into dutch oven cooking in the last couple of years. maybe i could learn a little something, gonna try and make it.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Would love to have ya out there bud. I might even be there that Wednesday! Not totally sure yet. Will have to play it by ear.

5. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    how do i get money to you for shirts my brother

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
  7. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    do you reserve your site there or is it first come first serve? Me and the old lady were planning on camping Fri.-Sun., but we've always stayed on C.O.E. sites. Would love to get a spot close to you guys.:big_smile:

8. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    i like LUNNER better that LINNER.....looks like the words were cut in half that way...:roll_eyes:

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    It is first come first serve basis. The spot i pick is close to the restroom area and isn't usually busy. It is kind of 'midway' on the path and not right on the water's edge.

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: :smile2: Don't you have one of them big ol 5th wheel units with a head in it?

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Got a driveable camper/rv.... but I am not pooping in there! Stink the place out for a week. Especially after I do some of that good ole campign gravy on my biscuits. LOL

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian thanks for the warning. We might have thought you were making up a batch of stink bait.:smile2:

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :smile2::smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

14. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Trust me... nothing is worse than when I visit a mexican restraunt. Poor Aaron and I go eat it almost one a week. No wonder he doesn't want me in his house afterwards. He wont even let me in his garage anymore! :eek:oooh:

15. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    lmao

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I can verify this!

WARNING WARNING WARNING........

Do NOT stand anywhere near Brian after he eats Mexican food. :crazy::crazy:

Brian has his own "office" in my basement.

17. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron the warning should read. Lead don't follow when in the presence of Brian. Failure to listen would be hazardous to your health.:wink:

18. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am mildly concerned that Aaron has offered to get that tattooed on my back. :eek:oooh:

19. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Hey, I will have some TEAM CATFISH stuff to give away at the Rend Lake gathering. This was given to me by Jeff, and I will have some 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton poles @ $80.00 each, you can save on shipping.

BIGCAT GarryEads

20. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds great Garry. Team Catfish has some great equipment. Jeff visited us at last years gathering. He is a fine guy.