.380 ammo

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by canebreaker, Aug 11, 2009.

1. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    It seems that someone doesn't like this thread.
    I hope it's being moved here somewhere that I can't find.
    A friend got accustom to buying .380 ammo at 7.99 per box of 50.
    At the first of the year it disappeared, next time it showed up,
    it was 11.99. He said, he would wait til it came back down in price.
    The next I found was 16.99 per box, oh he fumed, but stuck to his
    word. This past weekend I found some reloads for 25. per box, with
    10. off with returned brass. He never thought about reloading, so never saved his brass. I found 9 boxes on craigslist at 45. per box, but you had
    to buy them all.
    So far this year I have found that my .38 spl's have gone from 12. per box
    to 14. to 16. to 20., now they are 22. per box. Thank goodness I reload.
    That has gone from .04 per shot to .06 cents.

2. fatboy2006

fatboy2006 New Member

State:
    nc
    Here in nc we are having a hard time getting ammo. Just say thank-you to boys in office.;

3. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    I went to an outdoor gun range on the nw side of nashville yesterday. That place needs cleaning bad. Carry a broom, dust pan and magnet next time I go. Make a little money after I leave that place.
    A family was there, home from boston, summer vacation. The man said he wished he had called and checked on ammo before driving here. Some of the stores there have what you want stacked to the ceiling. We can't have a case of ammo to stay on the shelf for more than 24 hours around here. Most stores are saying a limit of 2 boxes of anything.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have been looking for .22 cal bullets for reloading all summer and they are impossible to find here. I have been looking for 60 gr vmax or 52 gr Speer hp since spring with no luck. I just bought 2 boxes of .22 mag at $11.95 and set them on the shelf next to a couple of boxes that I paid $5.95 for.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wal mart sells 100 rnd win value packs here for $31.:crazy: ya higher than the 9s at $19.95 and 40S&W at $29 and change. and ive seen only 4 boxes in a years time too.

and i dont think the boys in office are doing it its the public because of whos in office. ive seen 1100 9mms go in a day at waL-mart here with a 6 box limit.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks, I had wondered how much reloading was costing. The last time I bought supplies I could load .357/38 SPL for around 2 cents. That was using bullets I cast from wheel weights.

7. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Well it's up some.
    The late order of primers cost me .034 each, that was 5 cases. I make my bullets plus powder. We load for target rounds, very light loads, Bullseye 2.2 grains. Last 8 lb. jug of bullseye was 123.00. I figure, I'm at cost about .06 per shot. 5.50 for 2 hours at gun range plus about 600 to 800 rounds, that's cheap entertainment.
    First time I bought brass, .38 spl., it was $2.00 per lb. about 101 to 103 pieces per lb. 3 years ago I bought 40 lbs. at $4.00 per lb. Now they count it out sometimes .08 to .15 cents each. We at the gun range clean the brass before it's sold. $8.00 per 100 and up, but I hear we will be going up.

Put a plug in my ear and I'll see what I can find for you.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    So how do you make your own powder?

Primers and powder has sure gone up from when I bought last.

Never had to buy any brass. We picked up all we wanted at caliche pits in west TX where we use to shoot.

9. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Just bullets I make, can't make powder. I bought 8 lbs of HP-38 for $50. then 8 lbs of accurate #2 for $90., now on bullseye 8# for $123.

10. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Blue Duck, google shooters supplies or reloading supplies. Your bound to get a bunch of dealers. Or wideners.com , midsouthshooters.com , natchezss.com , midwayusa.com , fmreloading.com .
    I looked at the reloader's bench, they didn't have the .22s you wanted.
    They don't have a market for .410 reloading either.

11. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thanks Canebreaker. I have tried Midway and Natchezss and they are out of stock and backordered. Ill keep on keeping on........ Thanks.

12. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Haven't seen any .380ACP around here in months, everything else has started to show up pretty good. 45ACP are the only ones selling out quick here now. 9mm and 40S&W are plentiful at Academy Sports. I got an email the other day from Cheaper Than Dirt they had a deal on .380 one box of 50 was $49.95 which is just crazy to me.

13. barefootarkie

barefootarkie New Member

State:
    central Ar
    It makes sense to me now. I've often looked at Cheaper Than Dirts' inventory and found nothing cheap. If they're asking $49.95 for a 50 round box of .380acp ammo, then it has to be their customer value that is CHEAPER THAN DIRT. Alas, the blind man sees the light.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive found hydroshock reloads for $20 per 50 at the last gun show i was at. Picked up a box of 100 9mm at wallyworld for $20, they said they havent had 380 in 9 months.

15. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    I was at the Smokercraft/ Sylvan dealer show on monday 8/17. Went to the local walmart in Goshen, Indiana. Lots of different ammo on the shelves. I was shocked. No ammo here in illnois. bought some .17 hmr FMJ. $12.99, no mark up. I like indiana