.380 acp thread, where did it go???

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by canebreaker, Jun 11, 2009.

1. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
  2. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    I took a trip to the reloaders bench.
    Still out of primers and brass I'm looking for.
    They carry Alabama reloads.
    38 spl were 15.99 now 19.99.
    357 were 18.99 now 27.99
    9mm were 7.99 now 16.99
    380 acp were 8.99 now 35.99
    Someone I know wants 380s but not at that price.
    Of cource he's thrown all his brass away.

I did find a new sprue plate for my mold for 7.00
    Cheaper than ordering one.

3. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Prices are crazy everywhere. If you can even find what you want.

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Okay I dont read this thread much. I know my bad.
    But would someone tell me why 380s went up so much. two springs ago I bought three boxes of 380s of 100 per box 15.00 somthing a box.is it because they are for a auto? Thankx.
    smokey

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I was wondering the same thing about the 380. I would tend to think it's because alot more people have these small but effective 380's. Guess it's price an demand but I have been wrong before.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    It isn't just 380, it's everything. And we are the ones doing it. When the last election was over, it went "dog nuts", and it hasn't happened at any other time in history....Not for any other Presidential election. Even with the supremes ruling that we have the right to bear arms...it's some kind of cultural thing. There are dealers with empty selves who can't re-supply as their distributors are back logged. One major gun maker is 18 months behind demand.
    I don't know how people think they are gonna get thru hard times eating guns and bullets.....
    :smile2:

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    My understanding on the 380 is like with the .410 shotgun. At one time not many used them. Look how many militarys and leo's use 9mm, .40 and .45. Sometime the 380 became a half popular self defense round and then they disappeared with the b-o scare. The mfgt dont make alot of them like they do the others and they wont when they still need to resupply the leo's. JMHO

As with the .410 I love it but its too expensive compare to 12 gauge so I quit shooting them. Its sad too because I think the .410 is great for a kids shotgun.

My stepdad picked up 100 rounds of reloaded 380 hydroschocks for $50, he was still mad at the price! Everyone else still wanted $35-40 for ball ammo. He's thinking about selling the gun, walther ppk/s if anyone's interested.:wink:
    Im glad I went with the 9mm for my pistol and even happier I bought a couple thousand reloads before the election. No better time than now to get into reloading but its still hard finding reloading components for 380.:sad2:

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I sold my .380 a long time ago. I shot a fence post with it, walked over and plucked the barely flattened lead out of the 1/8" deep hole it made in the post. I think a .22 is 5 times as deadly, lol.

9. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Guns and ammo disappear off craigslist fast.
    Why? It's a weapon related item, as I'm told.
    So some @$$ deletes the ad.
    Yesterday I found 380 ammo 40 miles away for 22.50 per 50.
    But, I have to buy all 600 rounds.
    It's not for me, just helping a co-worker out.
    Got to wait till he decides if he wants it, if it's still there.
    Memphis and Nashville ads disappear fast.
    But checking other areas, some ads will stay on for the full 30 days.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive had that happen to me. Some post stay on for weeks. I put one up about the same stuff and it was deleted that day. Im thinking someone didnt want any competition so they had it flagged?

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i have a 380 i got a few months back. winchester 100 round value packs are the best route at wal mart when they have them. around $31 here. the gun shops want $25 for trhe 50 packs of same ammo. i laugh and leave them there. the 40 s&w 100 round wins are $29 and the 9mm is $20 per 100. but i have all 3 pistols.:cool2:

got 800 9mm and about 500 40's 200 380's.:wink:

ya im one of those nuts about the election. bought 7 guns since feb and over 3000 rounds added to my already 5000.