38 pounder juggin!

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by mudkat, May 9, 2007.

1. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i set out a jug with some cut bait on it and i left (its a private lake)then my friend brett pulls it in later after i told him not to touch it he pulls up a 38 pound flattie now is it mine or is it his???

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    it depends on which one of you i'm talkin to i imagine.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    ahhh the age old debate. hey bob I grabbed your pole that was about to take a plunge.....and I got a new state record!.....

its like trapping & having a friend check your line for you. You set the trap but the friend took it out of the trap for you. He didnt set it so its yours. I'd say its yours since you set it but he pulled it in.

4. d_guerrero1

d_guerrero1 New Member

State:
    Roselle, Illinois
    If you said not to touch it I say it's yours congrats!:big_smile:

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    No doubt about it, that's your fish. Never, ever, ever run anybody else's lines. That'll get you shot and killed in some areas..... I ain't kiddin' neither.:eek:oooh:

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    After you stuff the jug, line, hooks, weight, and well-aged bait into your ex-friend's mouth, he will have trouble contradicting you when you say it's yours. Yeah, I know that's letting him off easy, but he used to be your friend. Besides, if he don't live, he don't have a chance to learn nuthin.

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Depends,whos bigger?

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Share the glory. We caught this big fish. A team effort. Congrats to both of you on a fine fish.:smile2:

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It don't matter if it was on a jug if was on a rod well theres something to fight about

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i'd say the team effort answer... me and a good buddy of mine have caught some really decent fish on rod and reels, but whoever wasn't reeling the sucker in grabs the fish by the mouth. we don't use nets often, so i would say neither one of us would land the fish without the other, just like your buddy wouldn't have landed that cat without you setting the jug.

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If the two of you are bank fishing, and you each have a couple of poles out, and he grabs a bite on your second pole while you're fighting a fish on the first pole, that's one thing; for him to simply pick up your pole when there's a bite and you don't see it is something else. And that's exactly what picking up someone elses' jug is. Oh yeah, in any of those situations, HE caught the fish. Whose owns the tackle doesn't count; just ask the International Game Fish Association, which keeps all the fishing world records. And I can't say that I've ever heard the name of the guy who netted the Arkansas (formerly world) record blue can a few years ago; or the name of the guy who owned/piloted the boat. Yes, it's a team effort, and you do get some bragging rights for helping, but the person landing the fish gets the credit....except when the rod has been passed around so that more than one person actually fought the fish.

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I'd say that its definatly yours. You asked him to not touch it and he did so he kind of cheated...one thing for sure though, you and him have an outting that you may never forget!

You'll probably argue about whose fish it was until you are both old men God willing you live so long and stay friendslong enough an that my friend is a story worth remembering! For the record though, I'd say that it's your fish...