#38 from RYR possibly going to HMS for JR.

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by TNVOLCAT, Aug 28, 2007.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ESPN and FOXSPORTS are both reporting a deal is in the works for RYR'S #38 to be obtained by HMS for Dale Jr. to use. RYR is likely to bring back the #28 to replace the departing #38. NASCAR has already been contacted about this and is probably going to happen.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If not #38, it should be #83, which I think Red Bull owns, perhaps.

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I guess I don't understand why people think that Jr. can't race unless he's driving the number 8 car or a car with an 8 in the number. His father didn't drive the 3 car at the beginning of his career. He drove cars with various numbers when he was getting started. If Jr. is the great driver that a lot of people seem to think he is,he should be able to drive anything with 4 wheels on it regardless of the number that is on it. I don't think it really makes that much difference to Jr.,but it sure seems to be bothering his fans!

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The car owners do not own the numbers that they use on their cars.

NASCAR "owns" the car numbers and teams generally keep the same numbers year over year. The rule -- Section 20 - 3.11 -- reads, in part: All NASCAR Nextel Cup Series car numbers are owned by and will be assigned by NASCAR for use by the car owner. Car numbers are not transferable or assignable by the car owner.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Marketing and money.
    If they used letters instead of numbers guess what letter the marketing wizards would want on Jr's car. It wouldn't be an A or an R
    Cup racing was a fantastic sport back in the day when the Rock winner took home a whopping 30 grand. Its now a marketing and money driven sport just like the NFL and NBA.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    most likely it will be car # 81

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    But it has to be #8 he can only count so high :smile2::tounge_out::wink::eek:oooh:

8. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I worked for dei for 4 years and quit a couple months ago ,points are so important to make sure you even get in the race don't be suprized if his number is just plain 5.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've been saying since he announced that he was leaving DEI that he would be in the 5 car next year. It's just basic math, 8 minus 3=5. Your point is well taken though,points are important and the 5 certainly won't have to worry about being in the top 35 at years end.