37X12.5X17 TIRES? WHATS BEST

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by BACKWOODSBOY350, Sep 26, 2008.

1. BACKWOODSBOY350

BACKWOODSBOY350 New Member

State:
    COLORADO
    I HAVE A 98 1/2 TON WITH WRANGLER MTS RIGHT NOW AND WANTED SOME FEED BACK ON MUD TIRES I AM RUNING 37x12.5 x 17 ON IT LIKE THE SIZE BUT JUST UP FOR TIRE SUGGESTOINS THANKS

2. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    if you want another MT i'd suggest the bfgoodrich MTs. i have a set of 33x12.5s on my 1991 f150 and i love the quality of them. for a mud tire they handle very well on the road and they arent too loud. if you want a more aggresive tire i've only heard good things about the iroks

3. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    if you really want a true mud tire the boggers are the best made. ride wont be to good, mileage sucks and there loud as all get out but they are awsome.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have BF Goodrich Mud Terrains on 2 of my trucks. They are awsome in TN mud and IN snow. They will go better than 60,000 miles on a set.

My 91 Dodge has 65k on its tires and they still have tread 1/4 " deep. My 2000 Ford only has about 30k on it's tires and they look like new.

Them tires are hard to beat. Plus they have 2 ply steel sidewalls. They are junk yard running beasts. I have not had a piece of scrap slash a tire yet. I have stuck a valve in one. I thought I picked up a rock, and it was a auto car valve in a front, like a giant nail.

Just drove it to the tire place and they plugged/patched it.

Check Tire Rack for the best prices. tirerack.com

5. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    I HAVE LOOKED ALOT AN READ ALOT OF REVIEWS I HTINK I MIGHT TRY INTERCO TRXUS MT ITS A TIGHTER LONGER WEARING MT THAT IS RATED FIRST IN SNOW AND ICE . BUT LET ME KNOW ON MORE SUGGESTIONS

6. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    dunlop mud rovers. i got a set of 30x9.50 and i go in 2wd places i had troble in 4wd with stock tires. i really like em and the price aint to bad.

7. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Thats exactly what I was going to suggest, Im running Hankook Dynapro ATM's right now. They arent really open enough for heavy mud. They are really deep and a fairly good pattern, but just not open enough to clear out. Im using them because they are about the only tire that wont shred apart on me, and they can handle the extra weight of the diesel. I had Goodyears on it before and the back 2 absolutely shredded with all the torque Im pushin.

8. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I would suggest BFG mud terrains. They aren't the most agressive tire out there, but they are bearable on the street and you'll get decent mileage out of them too. We have Wrangler MTRs on a lot of the trucks at work, they dont last no time at all!

9. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    i think before anyone can give you any real suggestions you need to tell us more about how you are going to use the tires?

How much highway time versus off-road use, what kind of weight are you expecting your vehicle to carry? How much do you want to spend?

All this is gonna affect your decision alot.

10. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    I DONT CARRY ANY WEIGHT OR PULL TRAILERS AND ITS ABOUT HALF ROAD HALF OFF ROAD AND ASS FAR AS MONEY GOES IM SEARCHING ALMOST A YEAR BEFORE I NEED NEW TIRES CAUSE AT MY SIZE ITS ALL EXPENCIVE LOL THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE ADVICE . AND MORE ABOUTY THE TRUCK 4:88 GEARS ,LOCKER IN REAR, 10 INCH LIFT ,AND 300 HORSE IM GUESSIN ALTATUID KILLS THAT

11. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    heres a few pics of them dunlop mud rovers i got

Attached Files:

12. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    I LIKE THOSE BUT JUST DONT GET ON ICE YOU WONT DO SO WELL LOL THATS THE PROBLEM WITH THE GOODYEAR MTS TOO NO SIPPING TO GRAB SMOOTH SURFACES

13. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Goodyear Wrangler MTR is what I run on my Dodge 37x12.5-15. They are my favorite tire and I have ran 5 different brands including interco(swamper),Yokahama, General Grabber, and Buckshot. By far they are the best dual purpose tire I have ever ran.

14. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I run 35x12.50x15 on my Ram Charger. From what I have read you don't
    need to go larger than 35s with a Dana 44 in the front. If you go larger
    than 35s you can break axles.

15. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    THATS TRUE IT PUTS TO MUCH STRAIN ON THE SHAFTS AND CAN SLIP SPLINES REALLY EASY . IF YOU GO BIGGER USE HARDER ALLOY AXLES AND A AFTER MARKET CARRIER I PREFER ONE WITH A ATOMATIC LOCKER LIKE A EZ LOCKER ITS NICE ON THE ROAD AND LOCKS WHEN YOU NEED IT TOO

16. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    -Interco Truxus MT is a great dual purpose tire

-BFG MTs are better off than on the road

-If cost is a factor, I'd look at www.treadwright.com
    I'm currently running a set of Mud OTR's on my jeep...haven't busted them yet :wink:

17. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    TREADRIGHT HAS NO 37'S